Okay my first time trying this I am in desperate need for two of these one for each side I need the piece bolts to the block the pin and the pad that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harlyguynola

Vessel Name
Bonnie C’S
Vessel Make
DeFever 40ft Passage-maker Downeast
Okay my first time trying this I am in desperate need for two of these one for each side I need the piece bolts to the block the pin and the pad that sits on the stringer

IMG_0845.jpgIMG_0845.jpg
attach]

Google “Marine engine mount”and you’ll find dozens of sources.

Those are called engine mounts. Try a google search for marine engine mounts.

Yes sorry about that I know what they are it for Perkins 130 hp 6354 I need the piece that bolts to the block the pin and the pad looking for used new I found they want 600.00 looking for help with maybe used

Probably not a good place to try and save a few bucks by buying used. The heart of the beast needs to be tamed by these.

Seems kind of unusual to be needing the bracket that bolts to the engine unless they are rusted to pieces. And $600.00 seems way to much!!

Those are called engine mounts. Try a google search for marine engine mounts.

Okay maybe I am not being clear I do need the pad the mount that bolts on the stringer what I am having difficulties in finding is the part in the picture that bolts on the block and the pin that come out hopefully someone has one of these or can help me find one

as far as I know...the parts that bolt to the engine are called engine mounts.

the parts bolted to the stringer are isolation mounts.

The parts that attach to the engine you might have to source through an engine place or ebay would be a try also.

Try Trans Atlantic Diesel TAD.
I have the same engines and shop there for most of my Perkins parts.

Yes sorry about that I know what they are it for Perkins 130 hp 6354 I need the piece that bolts to the block the pin and the pad looking for used new I found they want 600.00 looking for help with maybe used

I have twin 6-354's. What are you getting a $600 quote for? Just the engine pad? Or for two complete new assemblies?

Try Trans Atlantic Diesel TAD.

I have the same engines and shop there for most of my Perkins parts.

Yes I found 2 of them there but Sherry wants 400 dollars for them I am trying to find two used ones if possible that’s with out the part that mounts to the stringer those 200 more which I know I need to spend that they should be new it’s the part that bolts to the block with the pin that I am trying to find

That's actually 0.6 of a boat dollar. I think Gaston says that 600 is just a drop in the bucket.

Correct. For Perkins, you cant go wrong with TDA. They also sell used paets so they probably have the engine bracket you need.

:confused: Add a question to the topic. When replacing these motor mounts, should you check the engine and shaft line or do you trust it to be straight?

NBs

My recommendation would be to realign and ude double nuts, top and bottom. They will move with engine vibration.

Why do you need these mounts? Are they broken, corroded, worn, missing? They look normal from here. Used ones will not be much different? :confused:

Last edited:
"I am trying to find two used ones if possible"

The rubber in the mounts dies from heat age and oxone.

They are replaced as needed like window wiper blades.

Used might be cheap , but not if the boat is a keeper.

The way I read the OP's problem is that he needs the perkins engine mount adjustable pin & socket which is the rare ,pricey part. The actual rubber mount is readily available & cheap.

That's actually 0.6 of a boat dollar. I think Gaston says that 600 is just a drop in the bucket.

Well he must have deep bucket because that’s a boat load to me for a mount

The way I read the OP's problem is that he needs the perkins engine mount adjustable pin & socket which is the rare ,pricey part. The actual rubber mount is readily available & cheap.

Yes correct you got it

Seems kind of unusual to be needing the bracket that bolts to the engine unless they are rusted to pieces. And $600.00 seems way to much!!

I bought the engine without the mount that bolts to the block with the pin I know the pad that bolts to the stringer is reasonable and available but it’s hard for me to pay 600.00 for two mounts new I am hoping-someone out there who reads this might have a block that will be willing to sell to me there not to much that looks like can go wrong with them my Perkins that’s already in my boat for almost 40 years seems to be just fine

If you know a good machine shop in your area, they might be able to machine a pair for less than $600.

Why do you need these mounts? Are they broken, corroded, worn, missing? They look normal from here. Used ones will not be much different? :confused:

Lol I need them for my new port engine I bought the boat with only one engine the replacement dident come with one thanks

Actually dident come with two one for each side

I have twin 6-354's. What are you getting a $600 quote for? Just the engine pad? Or for two complete new assemblies?

Just the mounts that bolt to the engine and the pin that adjusts 300 a side these I am looking for used not the pads that bolt to the stringer I can get those reasonably cheap at most places local

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom