Oil Pressure Headache.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrbrzmc2

Vessel Name
Seabird
Vessel Make
Hershine
Aloha all, in need of some electrical assistance. Replaced the oil pressure gauges and senders on my Perkins 6354's. Checked with Faria to make sure gauges and senders match. Faria tech said sender should read about 122 ohms, which it does, and gauge by itself should read 240 then hooked up with other oil gauge should read 120, to match the sender (dual station). PROBLEM is gauges are only reading 65 ohms. All four read 65 ohms. Is my boat haunted? Mahalo for any thoughts.
Kevin MC2
Honolulu

Aloha all, in need of some electrical assistance. Replaced the oil pressure gauges and senders on my Perkins 6354's. Checked with Faria to make sure gauges and senders match. Faria tech said sender should read about 122 ohms, which it does, and gauge by itself should read 240 then hooked up with other oil gauge should read 120, to match the sender (dual station). PROBLEM is gauges are only reading 65 ohms. All four read 65 ohms. Is my boat haunted? Mahalo for any thoughts.
Kevin MC2
Honolulu

Are you sure you were given the proper senders? They must be made for 2 gauges to work correctly. I'd double check the readings them call them back and give them your readings.

Yes, according to the Faria rep the dual station sender I have is correct one for this application.

It doesn't match what you were told so either there is a problem with what you were sent or the 'tech' is wrong. Unless you are testing incorrectly.

Call them again and see if you get a different tech. If the answer is the same then what you have is wrong.

I would not hook up or use anything untill you know one way or the other or you may own what you have, right or wrong.

Back
Top Bottom