Old 08-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

Naiad 252 oscillation

My starboard actuator oscillates or vibrates very rapidly when stopped and moving. Has anyone ever seen anything like that? It’s a new one to me.

Thanks

Clarke Gillespie
M/V Zenysis
Nordic Tug 42

ClarkeGillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

City: Green Cove Springs
Not quite the same problem but we had to change a potentiometer out because the fin was jumping around. There are new and old style potentiometers and the old (round grey pot) can fail.

The new style are mounted on a standoff with slotted guides for adjustment. Sorry no pics available.

PaulGel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:07 PM   #3

City: Windmill Harbour, Hilton Head Island, SC
Vessel Name: River Girl
Vessel Model: 2004 DeFever 49 RPH
Call Craig Caulkins @Stabilized Marine. Not much he doesn’t know about Naiads & incredibly kind & sensible advice/support. Took the time to walk me through troubleshooting, potentiometer testing and eventually replacement of my ECU (with a rebuilt model - full warranty at very reasonable price.) Even sent me parts to substitute as part of the troubleshooting with no credit card info. Totally restored my faith in customer service. Be sure to call him before you try to remove the pot. otherwise you risk damaging the plastic connector underneath it ($$$).
Old 08-29-2020, 02:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

City: Green Cove Springs
I have an extract from the service manual that is quite good. I couldn’t attach it for some reason but if you want it, PM me.

Sadly, Naiad has a great product but their customer service is like a chainsaw, “hard to start” so that is probably why Stabilized Marine have done so well.
PaulGel is offline   Reply With Quote