Naiad 252 oscillation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My starboard actuator oscillates or vibrates very rapidly when stopped and moving. Has anyone ever seen anything like that? It’s a new one to me.

Thanks

Clarke Gillespie
M/V Zenysis
Nordic Tug 42

Not quite the same problem but we had to change a potentiometer out because the fin was jumping around. There are new and old style potentiometers and the old (round grey pot) can fail.

The new style are mounted on a standoff with slotted guides for adjustment. Sorry no pics available.

Call Craig Caulkins @Stabilized Marine. Not much he doesn’t know about Naiads & incredibly kind & sensible advice/support. Took the time to walk me through troubleshooting, potentiometer testing and eventually replacement of my ECU (with a rebuilt model - full warranty at very reasonable price.) Even sent me parts to substitute as part of the troubleshooting with no credit card info. Totally restored my faith in customer service. Be sure to call him before you try to remove the pot. otherwise you risk damaging the plastic connector underneath it ($$$).

I have an extract from the service manual that is quite good. I couldn’t attach it for some reason but if you want it, PM me.

Sadly, Naiad has a great product but their customer service is like a chainsaw, “hard to start” so that is probably why Stabilized Marine have done so well.

Back
Top Bottom