Mobil mechanic 30hp Honda outboard Jacksonville area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wdeertz

Vessel Name
Bagus
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 52-01
I’ve tried google with no success. I’m looking for a Mobil mechanic that can fix my 30hp Honda outboard in the Jacksonville, Fl area. The motor is on my tender and I don’t have a trailer so need a Mobil mechanic that can come to me. Motor starts and idles fine but dies out when I try to give it any throttle. Engine has sat unused last 2 years so likely a fuel/carburetor issue.

Appreciate any recommendations.

Had a a 4 stroke motorcycle do same thing recently (DRZ400) after 2 years of storage. It was bad fuel gummed up inside the carb. Drained fuel tank and replaced with fresh gas and a high level (double concentration) Gumout carburetor cleaner (fuel tank additive). I ran the engine for about 20 minutes to get the Gumout cleaner inside the carb then let engine sit for 3 days afterwards to further dissolve the carb deposits. After that it ran perfectly with zero problems (avoided a carb overhaul!!).

Had a a 4 stroke motorcycle do same thing recently (DRZ400) after 2 years of storage. It was bad fuel gummed up inside the carb. Drained fuel tank and replaced with fresh gas and a high level (double concentration) Gumout carburetor cleaner (fuel tank additive). I ran the engine for about 20 minutes to get the Gumout cleaner inside the carb then let engine sit for 3 days afterwards to further dissolve the carb deposits. After that it ran perfectly with zero problems (avoided a carb overhaul!!).

That might be worth a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion, will give it a try.

Many locals speak highly of Lester's Outboard Repair (904) 731-1277. They always seem super busy, and I have not used him, but they've been helpful over the phone. If they can't come to you, I would trust anyone they recommend.

Last year I had a bad experience with a local (Jacksonville) authorized Honda outboard sales and service dealer. They made a total hash out of my Honda BF-50. PM me and I'll tell you who to avoid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom