Micron rating for ordinary toilet paper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have had a Gulf Coast toilet paper running continuously on my boat for 8 years. Yep 24/4. From tank to filter to Walbro pump to duel Racors (with 2 micron) to engine filters and back to tank. Racors have not been changed for 3 yrs....only then because I felt guilty...not needed. Engine filters..NEVER... For those that think they break up and clog the system...well continue to pay for your Racors, biocides and getting your tanks cleaned. I for one have the cleanest fuel on any boat in the Caribbean.

Wow! Must be pretty easy to prove...:D

Not having toilet paper protect my engine must be a miserasble lack of judgement....:eek:...considering I've never had a fuel related failure from just normal, old run of the mill fuel filters in 50 years.:thumb:

8 years continuous running??? Must never leave the boat for any length of time or have the most faith in a "no leak" system of anyone I ever met. :socool:

I guess its easy to criticize but it seems to me if a boat has fuel onboard for more than a year then the owner needs to ask himself why he owns the boat.* A seaside condo or a floathome doesn't have a bunch of mechanicals that need maintenance if that's all the boat really is.

Well I run my boat almost every weekend, but no way in Heck I could burn up 360 gallons of fuel in a year at 1.75 gal per hour.
That would be 205 engine hours in basically 16 weekends if they were all good weather weekends (which they are not).
I think your comment is way off base.
Right now it's a different story as I have retired and am cruising in Canada all summer, but as a weekender the fuel get "sour", unfortunate as that is, I just deal with that factor and move on.

Back
Top Bottom