Lift pump hose leak Lehman SP135

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike66

Guru
Vessel Name
Susan Helena
Vessel Make
Albin40
The pump fuel hose on top leading to the filters is slowly leaking at what appears to be the threaded female fitting where the hose attaches into the pump body. Is it okay to try Teflon tape?

No. For the same reason that teflon tape is not allowed for gas piping in most building codes- teflon particles can plug tiny orifices, you shouldn't use it for fuel systems.

Use a Permatex type sealant instead.

David

NO to tapes of any kind. You may get away with it but if not then you are going to be sending the injection pump in for a repair.

As DM said all it would take is a tiny thread or piece of the tape to get away and it will foul the injection pump.

I realize it is ahead of the filters so theoretically the filter should catch it but don't take the chance.

Just an additional note: Do not use tape on any kind of hydraulic system for the same reason.

There are excellent sealers available but tape is not one of them in this application.

Agree with everyone above. No tape. I use permatex aviation sealer. If I don't have any on the boat I might use transmission gasket maker. Run a small bead around the threads and stay away from the first 2 or 3 threads.

Thanks all, good advice.

Back
Top Bottom