Old 04-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #1

City: Chugiak
Vessel Name: Sanctuary
Vessel Model: 35' Ponderosa Sundeck
Lehman compatibility

Hi all,
New to the forum here. I recently aquired what I believe is a lehman 115(parts engine). My boat has a lehman sp135. Are any of the parts such as, injector lines, injectors, fuel pump, injector pump, etc, compatable? I thought it might be nice to have some spares lying around, as none of these things are very inexpensive..........

Thanks for any info
aksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
A call to a reputable dealer with the engine numbers can confirm what you bought. I think I would have done this before acquiring the engine, but that's just me. I'm assuming you now have access to both engines and will be able to ascertain it's actual model number...including serial number.

I'd compare component parts and part numbers to be sure. I use my cellphone camera to record details for later reference. Hopefully that will help you in matching up your components.

Be wary of internet 'experts' who try to direct you one way or the other in a case like this. Sometimes it's best to do your own due diligence and not trust the word of someone who you've never met and has not seen either engine. Lots of bad e-advice floating around.

Good luck with your project. Welcome to the Trawler Forum and please keep us informed.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Steve, sure about a Lehman 115? In non turbo 6cyl I know of the 120(2715E), and the 135 you have.
If I ever find an unserviceable 120 for sale, though storage is an issue, like you I`ll buy it for spares and ancillary parts to recondition and exchange. Hope yours fit.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:05 AM   #4

thank guys,
I will be calling someone with the numbers this week. The engine was a "take this or its going to the dump" type of deal. So now we figure out if there are any usable "spares" bolted to it. I do not know of any lehman 115's either, but,

Model #6-115

S/N 78443

numbers on head
C83F6090GAB

Block
703F6015BA

Injector
P5130/4
Old 04-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #5
Technical Guru

City: Wilmington, NC
Vessel Name: Louisa
Vessel Model: Custom Built 38
Can you post a pic of the injection pump side? Some early versions the injection pump is driven by a jackshaft. Later ones gear driven right at timing case. Maybe that is the difference between 115 and 120hp???

Also, in old ford speak, C8 was a prefix for 1968, C for 1960's, 8 for last digit. Not sure if that applies here.
Ski in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #6

Brian @ American diesel says this engine is a New Zealand version of the FL120. Some parts are interchangeable to the sp135, but someone with a FL120 would find it a better carcass.......

Mystery solved