Lehman 120 raycor gauge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave_E

Vessel Name
Agnus Dei
Vessel Make
36' Shin Shing
Hi All,

I think I've seen somewhere discussed about putting a vacuum gauge on the T handle of a Raycor 500. Does the lift pump of the 120 suck hard enough to make the gauge work? Does anyone have a gauge on their Raycor? I'm replacing the old yellow bowl with a new clear one (don't know why they ever made it that color) and was thinking about the gauge. My tanks are 41 years original.

Dave

Yes there is a Racor part that replaces the T handle with a gauge. With a new filter, the gauge shows little pressure drop, ie vacuum. As the filter fouls then the pressure drop/vacuum rises. The gauge has green, yellow and red zones so you can take action before it is too fouled.

David

Yes I have those for my Lehman. With a 10 micron element I get 1 or 2 on the gage when new. It stays that way all season, which is usually 80 to 150 hours.

Hi All,

I think I've seen somewhere discussed about putting a vacuum gauge on the T handle of a Raycor 500. Does the lift pump of the 120 suck hard enough to make the gauge work? Does anyone have a gauge on their Raycor? I'm replacing the old yellow bowl with a new clear one (don't know why they ever made it that color) and was thinking about the gauge. My tanks are 41 years original.

Dave

I have them on my Lehmans and they work great. I can definitely recommend them. Just, if you do get them, get the newer type with the round gauges vs the old up and down type.

Ken

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom