"Leak Lock"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taras

Vessel Make
Currently Boatless
I have a 27 year old Trawler with Black Iron fuel tanks. They are original and have never leaked. When I saw about a 1/2 gallon of diesel fuel in the bilge, I was expecting the worst. Thankfully, the tanks are still solid and in good condition. The leak was coming from the Ball Value which is located at the bottom of the tank.
I contacted a friend who has been working on fuel tanks for 30 years and he said "when you replace the ball value, be sure to put "Leak Lock" on the treads of all the connections."
I did just that and NO LEAKS!!
For those of you that need a tight seal, this stuff is great.....

Highside Chemicals Inc. manufacturers Leak Lock and Leak Lock Gold.

Leak Lock is wonderful! A refrigeration repair guy tipped me to it many years ago. It works on just about any threaded joint from fuel to Freon. I sell quite a bit of it in my store. If you can't find it at your local marine store, try a refrigeration supply house.

I sell quite a bit of it in my store. If you can't find it at your local marine store, try a refrigeration supply house.

Can't we just buy it from you? :D

Of course you can Ben! I'm not sure it's on my website but it will be by tomorrow.
It's probably cheaper to just buy it locally and not pay shipping but if you can't find it, I'd love to sell it.

I'm sure it's great, but what makes it better than ordinary pipe dope for plumbing and raw water piping?

Or a fuel rated sealant for fuel lines?

You can certainly make a leak proof joint with pipe dope on water joints and you can make leak proof joints in fuel connections with the proper sealant. I just like working with Leak Lock because you can use it for everything but your still. It's not so good on moonshine. No need to throw away your existing supply of pipe dope, but when you need to buy more, try Leak Lock. I think you'll like it, but if not, you aren't out a lot. Besides which Rwidman, I bet you've already got a life time supply of pipe dope on that boat of yours.:)
How can I ever afford a Camano if you won't buy Leak Lock from me?
We need to have a talk about that because I do lust in my heart for a Camano.

Camano, Camaro... might as well have one of each, huh?

ARoss, I like the way you think!

It's a small world, My brother built Highside Chemical, I didn't know they made such nifty stuff. Maybe I can ride over and get some scratch and dents:D:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom