Old 12-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
Inexpensive trawler repower

The Tollycraft 43 thread got me to thinking about this "gas powered trawler". *Behold.....

Attached Images

Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
RE: Inexpensive trawler repower

Quote:
Woodsong wrote:

The Tollycraft 43 thread got me to thinking about this "gas powered trawler". *Behold.....

Tony, I remember the days on the river when your marina and Harrison Bay (they were last to move them out) were full of what I call the original catamarans.* Two rows of 55 gal. drums strapped to a wood platform above.* This usually had a deck house with a front porch.* They had a back door just to get to the pull start ourboard motor.* Now, that was yachting at its finest.* Crappy fishing with lanterns hanging over the side in the Wolftever Creek channel.* Everybody had their on "Christmas tree" pile.* Alot of times the anchor was a bunch of concrete blocks tied together.* Sometimes I think there was more fun boating then than now.* With a bucket over the side, things were pretty simple.* Some of the more advanced models had a toilet that dumped into a big holding tank-------the lake.* Excuse me, Head Mistress, but I miss the "good old days".

Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote