Inexpensive trawler repower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
The Tollycraft 43 thread got me to thinking about this "gas powered trawler". *Behold.....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• outboard trawler.jpg
    outboard trawler.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 426
Woodsong wrote:

The Tollycraft 43 thread got me to thinking about this "gas powered trawler". *Behold.....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Tony, I remember the days on the river when your marina and Harrison Bay (they were last to move them out) were full of what I call the original catamarans.* Two rows of 55 gal. drums strapped to a wood platform above.* This usually had a deck house with a front porch.* They had a back door just to get to the pull start ourboard motor.* Now, that was yachting at its finest.* Crappy fishing with lanterns hanging over the side in the Wolftever Creek channel.* Everybody had their on "Christmas tree" pile.* Alot of times the anchor was a bunch of concrete blocks tied together.* Sometimes I think there was more fun boating then than now.* With a bucket over the side, things were pretty simple.* Some of the more advanced models had a toilet that dumped into a big holding tank-------the lake.* Excuse me, Head Mistress, but I miss the "good old days".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom