heat shielding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2DASEA

Veteran Member
I am re-doing my e xhaust system, and would like advice on where to aquire suitable insulation material for the. Turbo and e haust pipe on a dry system. I'd like a neat appearance when complete..thanks

... would like advice on where to aquire suitable insulation material for the. Turbo and e haust pipe on a dry system.

Lots of insulation supply houses sell the raw materials if that is what you are asking. You can buy cloth, insulation, wire mesh, hog rings, hooks, the whole thing and DIY or find a local guy. Where are you? That will help a lot.

There are a few places that make them up for marine engines, and may well have the pattern for your engines if they are somewhat common, DeAngelo in Ft Lauderdale and Marine Exhaust in Alabama come to mind, I have seen their stuff on other boats and it looked really good. They ship to you, you don't usually have to have them install unless custom measurement is involved for an unusual engine or install.

I'm in Northern Ca.. I've got my existing pipe and muffler, just want to re-wrap with whatever the latest and greatest is. I will check the companies suggested, Thank-you.

Heatshield tape amd blanket seem fairly common, but glass rope can look much nicer - especially when wrapping pipes with bends. Any good sources of that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom