Heat Exchanger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wannabe

Vessel Name
Hakuna Matata
Vessel Make
DeFever Pilothouse 49
Thanks* to all of you who regularly post.* I have learned so much from this forum and enjoy the differing positions presented for discussion.

I have been going through the bins of "things" aboard the new to me boat.* I came across a spare heat exchanger for the Lehman 120s.* By appearance, it is obviously used, but it looks like it is in good condition.* Is there any way to test it to make sure that it is still sound before I return it to the boat as a viable spare part?

Thanks for your help.

No longer "Wannabe"

If you know how to do it you can pressure test it. Or you can take it to a radiator shop and they can do it for you for a small fee. Chuck

Yes - definitely get tested and keep if ok. I am up for that exact part plus the oil coolers, and the heat exchanger alone here in Oz is quoted at $A1700, and $300 each for the oil coolers.

Old Stone,

Thanks for the comments. She is now named Hakuna Matata. We had a fun time with the renaming ceremony, and hopefully appeased the gods ensuring safe travels.

Peter B,

I am not sure of the excahge rate, but got a recent quote for the heat exchanger at about $700 USD. I am sure shipping from the U.S. would be expensive, it is a heavy part..
It sounds like the radiator shop is the answer.

Thanks all.

Wannabe (no more)

Peter at that rate , with the exchange rate being 1:1 or better it would possibly be a lot cheaper to buy USA and ship out.
No tax being under $1000.00
Would well be worth a look.
Could save your self a few hundred bucks at least.

Benn

I might look into that Benn, but I doubt it. My mechanic has managed to get a better job lot deal, that is $1k less than they quoted me.

Yeah that sounds good.
The other option would have been to contact Dicon Engineering in Brisbane .

They have coolers etc for all types of engines and they do a lot of marinising themselves.
Keep them in mind for all types of stuff, engine mounts etc. and they have been around for donks.
Check their web site.

Benn

-- Edited by Tidahapah on Monday 7th of February 2011 04:31:22 PM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom