Grandbanks 32 oil change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela

Where can I find instructions on changing the oil and using the best oil and best filters for the Ford Diesel engine on a 1972 grand Banks 32.?

Call American Diesel. They can walk you through it.

David

+1 on American Diesel. They also have owners manuals. 804-435-3107

Angela,
You don’t need thje best oil and filter.
Just a good and appropriate oil and filter.
For the oil though I’d go w RPM Delo 30wt or Shell Rotella 30wt. Just my oipinion though.

30 weight rotella and the filters from American diesel. Every 200 hours for the change. Don’t forget the other preventative maintenance like impeller, zincs, fuel filters, coolant, heat exchanger and fuel pump oil change. Follow the manual. Welcome aboard.

Simms pump oil change every 50 hours!

The Ford Lehmman 120s have an injector pump that needs an oil change every 50 hours as the oil in it gets diluted with diesel fuel.

Injector Pump

Lehman have said 50 hrs, and 200 hrs, for the injector pump, Marin and I once compared Manuals and discovered the different versions. I compromised on 100hrs,done with the oil changes. All good, so far.
Be gentle with the screwplugs for draining, refilling, and correct level.

Before doing anything , purchase" Da Book"!

This is the mait and operating manuals for your specific engine. Usually about $100. or so.

With out Da Book, you are guessing, speculating on what is correct for your particular engine.

Remember the lowest spec is what counts , if it sez to change oil every year or 100 hours of operation , which ever comes FIRST is the time.

Even if only used as a maint guide , eventually the engine will need some love , and whoever you hire to help will love the fact that you have DA Book!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom