Old 06-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #41
Veteran Member

City: Alamitos Bay Marina
Vessel Name: DESTINY
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4588 Extend Hull & Hard Top
I have a Fisher Panda 15 mini Digital about 3 years ago, we have over 200 hours already, it is quite, COOL (being fresh water cooled on the entire unit our engine room stays way cool when at anchor now) and amazing power compared to our 12kw Onan (it struggle with Scuba compressor kicking in or AC units at times. It is always half the weight and sips fuel comparatively. We did the gensep on it so that also quieted down further.

mdstrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:25 PM   #42

City: NEW PORT RICHEY
Vessel Name: M/V Intrigue
Vessel Model: 1985 Tung Hwa Senator
Too bad your not closer. I'd like a shot at troubleshooting that.

Barking Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #43

City: Beaufort
Vessel Name: Honey B
Vessel Model: Silverton, 36C
I have a Kohler 6EOD that last year really drove me nuts. It would start, run for a few swconds and than shut down with a "OV" error code. I had the Kohler guy look at it twice and he could not figure out the problem. Finally traced things to a shorted winding. I pulled the generator off of the engine and had it rebuilt. It was reinstalled and still caused problems. It would not put out rated voltage. This was traced to a blown fuse in the field regulator circuit. Replaced the fuse and adjusted the voltage to 120VAC. Things ran fine until any large load (AC, cook top, or water heated) would turn off. When this happened the thing would shut down with the "OV" error. Had the Kohler guy (a different one) out and he adjusted the response and it has run fine since. The whole experience was not cheap but compared to a new generator, it was a bargin.
wdbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:33 AM   #44

City: San Francisco
Vessel Name: Couple’s Retreat
Vessel Model: 2019 North Pacific 45
I previously had a Kohler in my Searay and it was very glitchy and had many faults. My Northern Lights....flawless

jimdavi is offline   Reply With Quote