Fuel Right treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have tried it. I don't want to give you the wrong information as I don't have quantitative results to show. I believe it works better than others. I will continue to use it, and hopefully my tanks stay clear. BTW my filters right out of the tanks are 2 microns and I have not changed them for about 4K miles, but of course i have a vacuum meter to monitor the filters condition. currently at cruising speed i get -2. every reading below -5 (I mean less vacuum) should be OK. I'm going to go for the large container next time i buy Fuel Right.

I don't use this stuff, but I DO use a "sludge dissolving" additive to my home heating oil tank. This is a common practice in New England by those who use heating oil.
I have been using the Home Depot brand, but am switching to STR-2+.
I measure the fuel level with a stick (since the gage does not work) and I can feel the sludge near the bottom of the tank as I take my measurement.
I can say that over the past 7 years that I have owned this house the sludge level has reduced significantly based on the feel of the measuring stick.

I have not and do not plan on using anything like this in my boat tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom