Free Quicksilver 8KW Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

READY2GO

Guru
Vessel Name
Walkabout
Vessel Make
1989 Sea Ray 380 Aft Cabin
Anyone in Florida interested in a free generator (if they help me get it out of and off the boat).

It is a 1988 Quicksilver 8 KW gas genny with a Nissan motor. 1200 hours on it. It starts and runs good and makes electricity. The problem is the ends of the heat exchanger and the exhaust elbow. Roughly about $1,800 and hard to find. I am not going to put that much money into a genny that is not being supported anymore. Generac bought Quicksilver but only supply a handfull of parts. I hate it when companies do that. If you are not interested in caring on the brand then don't buy it.

If someone has the same model it would be good for parts.

Heat exchangers are not usually brand specific, and a manufacturer like SEN-DURE, INC. | Manufacturers of Heat Exchangers and Oil Coolers probably made the one on your gen set. If not I'm willing to bet they have one on the shelf that would be a good replacement.

Exhaust elbows can be fabricated by any good exhaust shop. The original equipment ones are usually substandard anyway and they do have a lifespan.

This information might be helpful for you, or for whoever helps you take it out of the boat.

Still can't get over Dockside closing

:socool:

Heat exchangers are not usually brand specific, and a manufacturer like SEN-DURE, INC. | Manufacturers of Heat Exchangers and Oil Coolers probably made the one on your gen set. If not I'm willing to bet they have one on the shelf that would be a good replacement.

Exhaust elbows can be fabricated by any good exhaust shop. The original equipment ones are usually substandard anyway and they do have a lifespan.

This information might be helpful for you, or for whoever helps you take it out of the boat.

Still can't get over Dockside closing

:socool:

The problem is that the heat exchanger is part of the exhaust manifold, they are one unit. Otherwise I would do just what you said and get a generic heat exchanger. Bad design.

It is a shame to see Dockside sitting there not being used. It is missed.

Back
Top Bottom