Ford Lehman savvy tech in New Bern/Oriental, NC area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillW

Vessel Name
Pale Moon
Vessel Make
CHB 34
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Ford Lehman tech in the New Bern or Oriental, NC area? I have an issue with the fuel lift pump (I think) on my Lehman turbo diesel on a 1977 CHB 34' trawler. I am looking for someone who can address that as well as walk me through some of the ins and outs of this engine so that I am better prepared to do my own preventive maintenance and routine service.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Bill
MV Pale Moon

Can't help you with a tech but I just recently replaced the lift pump on one of our SP225s. Got the Bosch pump from American Diesel. On our engines it was a lot easier to remove the pedestal that the pump is mounted on and then remove the pump from that. Getting to the pump mounting bolts with the pump mounted on the engine was almost impossible.

Hope that helps,

Bob

Another alternative is to install a small DC pump and bypass that pump. I replaced my lift pump with another mechanical however and it isn't real difficult. I found my lift pump was the same as Perkins uses and it was cheaper from a Perkins dealer.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. I will check all that out. I also have a recommendation for a tech.

Back
Top Bottom