Ford Lehman/Sabre 120 Tach Drive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Off the top of my head I dont remember the drive mounting from the side like that. But I could be mistaken. Does the picture match what you see on your engine?

Mine (Ford/Sabre 120) is a electric mechanical switch mounted behind the oil filter, it does not look like that part.

Call Bob at American Diesel, bet he can get one to ya http://americandieselcorp.com/

Here is a replacement drive unit for a Packard/Sabre 120 (same) mechanical to electric adapter it you want to also replace the readout.
8875.gif

Lauderdale Speedometer and Compass

Many boats now use the alternator as the tach. drive you may be able to replace the dash tach. unit and wire up the alternator and forget about the older set-up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies

I installed Aetna Engineering digital gauges last year, therefore I am not to keen on replacing again and going down the alternator route.

Aetna do make a drive and sender however they do not ship to Europe and can only be ordered through their rep in Greece which have quoted over 1.5 months for delivery.

Since I have just installed a new gearbox, I am looking for a quicker solution so as to be able to monitor revs during the running in period.

Looks really familiar!

Looks like the Sabre 212 Tach drive. If thats the case I have some new on hand that I would be able to sell to you and get them to you pretty quick.

Still looking...any idea where I can find new or used complete units?

Angledrive.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom