Ford Lehman engine fuel filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waterview

Vessel Name
Waterview
Vessel Make
Sea Ranger 39.3 Sedan trawler
Good day does anyone know where I can get a kit to adapt my filters to screw on instead of cartridge type

I had the same problem with my Perkins engines and I used ASAPsupplies.com the cost was around £54 including a button type primer pump , you'll have to do the math on the Sterling/Dollar.
Although a UK company they have a good range and a 'can do' attitude, if they don't have it in stock they'll will get you one PDQ and are happy to ship worldwide.

I took the on-engine filters and pitched them, then I added a Racor 500 with a 2 micron element, attached to the bulkhead because I didn't know if Racor rated their filters for vibration. 2 switchable Racor primaries and one Racor secondary. I put 2 microns in all of them (bought a case).

I also had some custom oil hoses made up and flipped the oil filter over. Every start, I got virtually instant oil pressure, plus it didn't p*ss oil everywhere when I changed it.

I took the on-engine filters and pitched them, then I added a Racor 500 with a 2 micron element, attached to the bulkhead because I didn't know if Racor rated their filters for vibration. 2 switchable Racor primaries and one Racor secondary. I put 2 microns in all of them (bought a case).

I also had some custom oil hoses made up and flipped the oil filter over. Every start, I got virtually instant oil pressure, plus it didn't p*ss oil everywhere when I changed it.

Did nearly the same. One of my better improvements. Able to change filters quickly and spares are the same.

Followed someone else's lead and just put one of these on. Made a small aluminum offset bracket and bolted it on.

With a good primary filter system...thought this would be fine for the secondary on engine system. Filters are pretty common...have seen them in stock on a lot of ship's store shelves as they become more popular.

Worked fine on last winter's 3000 mile cruise.

Attachments

• 301050.jpg
    301050.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 653
I have two of these on my Perkins 4-154's. I had some trouble with them fouling up after a rough crossing. I called Racor and they suggested replacing their R-12's with R-13's, which are quite a lot bigger, but fit. None of the marine suppliers in S. Cal knew about the R-13, so I called Racor, and they sent me 4. I changed them and since then have had no filter problems. You just won't see the R-13 in West Marine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom