Flosan Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larman

Vessel Name
Livin The Dream
Vessel Make
Sea Ray
Floscan Issue

For some reason my Flosan on my port engine is reading "off" where the gallons per hour display is? Any ideas where to start?

Last edited:
Could be a partially clogged flow sensor. Was it accurate in the past? How do you know it is off? Could be an engine problem causing higher fuel burn. You could swap the sensor inputs at the gauge and see if it stays with the engine or is in the gauge.

Could be a partially clogged flow sensor. Was it accurate in the past? How do you know it is off? Could be an engine problem causing higher fuel burn. You could swap the sensor inputs at the gauge and see if it stays with the engine or is in the gauge.

The gauge reads “off”. Where is the flow sensor?

You will have two sensors on fuel lines on the engine. One before the injector pump, and one on the fuel return line to fuel tank. Your error is likely to be with a loose wire from one of them or perhaps a loose wire at the back of the gauge itself.

I stopped using my Flowscan 8 years ago and can't remember the wiring config, but there is likely to be a fuse in the power wire to the gauge. I would look at that first.

With diesel engines there are 2 sensors with gas engines only 1 sensor.

lightly tap the flow meter on the fuel line with a metal wrench. This may dislodge anything that may have it stuck. This happened to mine and this trick worked

Back
Top Bottom