FL 120 fuel pump oil leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan Cahn

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Windfall
Vessel Make
2006 Camano 41
Any suggestions for curing an oil drip that seems to be coming from the fuel pump flange to the engine block. I removed the pump and renewed the gasket with a bit of gasket sealant but to no avail. It is fairly minor but these things bother me.

Dan

Have you talked to Brian at American Diesel? He can steer you to the solution I am sure.

Change to an 12v electric pump and put a blank cover on the lift pump mounting hole. It will make filter changing and bleeding easier, too. About $20 on ebay.

Change to an 12v electric pump and put a blank cover on the lift pump mounting hole. It will make filter changing and bleeding easier, too. About $20 on ebay.
I did that, replaced with a Walbro electric pump and blanked off the port. A big block Chevy cover is what will work. However, the blanking cover leaks also but I didn't use any sealant, a mistake I am certain. I will eventually get new gaskets and seal them. The leak is minor, annoying, but minor. BTW, the electric pump is a huge improvement if anything but to make air bleeding a simple task.

Just splice into the same fuel line? Maybe adding a new line from the new pump to the injection pump? That simple?

May depend on engine but if just put in where the old mechanical was (relative, not necessarily exact) it should be OK...just wire it so it only runs when engine is or when key is on....and a separate switch for bleeding. A momentary switch if in reach of your bleeding area might be best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom