Evinrude outboard motor question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefdrifter

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Reef Drifter
Vessel Make
1983, 34 ft., Marine Trader
I have aquired an*1982 Evinrude 2 hp, 2 stroke motor for the dhingy, but have no manual.* Does anyone out there know if this motor would have a water circulation impeller and if so where is it located?* I don't see any water being expelled with the exhaust gas so I am thinking there is no cooling water*circulation going on.* If anyone has knowledge of this motor or a manual or know where I might find this information, I would like to*hear from you.**

Thanks,
Bob*

It's "possible" that I have this manual at home in a file drawer and if I do you can have it for the shipping cost* if you'd like. I no longer own an Evinrude.
I'll check tonight when I get home.

Thanks guys, I found pretty much what i need. I went to the local library and found a service manual so I guess that will be good for now. Much thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

reefdrifter wrote:

....Does anyone out there know if this motor would have a water circulation impeller ....
So what is the answer? Inquiring (or is that nosey) minds want to know
smile.gif

Hiya,
** If it's anything like my 2 HP Johnson (C'mon guys, the OUTBOARD MOTOR!!!) Yes.* Take off the bottom end and it's right there-a rubber impeller.

Yes that is exactly right. I changed out the impeller, pulled the rope and the water began to flow. Should be a nice little dingy motor. Now my wife won't have to row!!!! What a relief.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom