Engine impeller change frequency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Old Dan, I do too, the guy who started this. I was simply bored sitting in this damn marina and thought I would be devilish for a moment. We could all use a bit of levity at the moment, don't you think?
Okay, I do believe we have flogged this subject enough.
Ya'l have fun.

I disagree, I believe we all can learn something by reviewing these common topics, how else would I learn of Ted’s fantastic idea of the fllter. Wish I knew that a few boats back when I had 3208 that eat impellers and they were a bitch to find.

True enough, but a simple search will reveal many previous threads on this topic. Guys, I am so sorry for having started another world war without end.
I disagree, I believe we all can learn something by reviewing these common topics, how else would I learn of Ted’s fantastic idea of the fllter. Wish I knew that a few boats back when I had 3208 that eat impellers and they were a bitch to find.

Cjack

At least it wasn’t an anchor thread. :)

Baker. I saw that and didn’t want to go down that path. Hope you guys are doing good. Boat is getting some repairs so we are bored to death.

Baker. I saw that and didn’t want to go down that path. Hope you guys are doing good. Boat is getting some repairs so we are bored to death.

Trust me dude. I feel your pain!!! It goes back in the water on Friday.

Attachments

• AE856981-7F83-4CB9-88D2-59F9B5E88527.jpg
    AE856981-7F83-4CB9-88D2-59F9B5E88527.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 24
Cjack

At least it wasn’t an anchor thread. :)

Did someone mention Anchors and 1lb. propane bottles in the same thread??????:dance::D:nonono:

Baker, your baby looks lonely at that yard. Is it partially closed, or mostly that slow at this time of year?

Did someone mention Anchors and 1lb. propane bottles in the same thread??????:dance::D:nonono:

Baker, your baby looks lonely at that yard. Is it partially closed, or mostly that slow at this time of year?

They are only running the lift on Mondays and Fridays. This was taken on a Saturday....after the exodus on Friday and before the re-infiltration on Monday. I just got back from there and the yard is fairly full.

Baker. We have been dry since Ft Pierce and about another few weeks, long story. At least you have Flor de Cana to drown yours and Wendy’s sorrows. Hang in there brother.

Two other tired subject, "How to choose a first trawler.", and 1 or 2 engines.

You ask those questions and you are basically asking us, how to spend your money.
There are threads that address the subjects. No need to start new threads on the same tired subjects.

Last edited:
Old Dan. Which reminds me to think that this is April 15, and the government is spending our money.

Change impellers like doing Taxes, (every year.)
Although there is a three month extension allowed this year. No interest or penalties. Yea!

Old Dan. Which reminds me to think that this is April 15, and the government is spending our money.

Anything I said about that would be considered political. So I will just :banghead: (mumble mumble), and go sit it the corner before I am sent there.

'and the government is spending our money.'

Not really , the gov is creating credit out of thin air ,

you , your children and grand children will pay interest on it basically forever.

Not political , just sad reality.

Nick. Not every filer gets an extension, individuals yes.

Nick. Not every filer gets an extension, individuals yes.

As it was 'spained to me, you gotta pay what you owe from last year, the 5th payment but the main part is delayed until July.

OldDan

Yes but certain trusts don’t get the extra time, individuals yes.

My rubber impeller pump pumps antifreeze/coolant. It is the original raw water pump but on my engine it pumps antifreeze/coolant through the keel cooler and engine. It is a hassle to check the impeller because of this. Not only because of opening the coolant system and cooling fluid loss/refilling but because the whole pump has to unmount to get at the cover plate. I have been checking it once a year or so and each time it all looks pristine but I replace it anyway.

I believe it is Ted (O C Diver) that added a strainer between his raw-water pump and heat exchanger. His set up is designed to catch broken pieces of impeller before migrating to the heat exchanger, etc. Ted?

Our Camano came this way. Strainer is after the pump so any bits of impeller that may break off would be caught by the strainer. But no strainer before the pump.

Just finished installing the post pump strainer on the main engine. The thread references are to my generator. Will have to post some pics. Very happy with the results, but still need to tidy up a few disturbed hoses.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom