Cummins 6BTA Mixing Elbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grant TD

Looking for a 5 inch mixing elbow. Would consider a 6 inch if that is all that is available. Have a 1991 Cummins 210. Elbow starting to show its age. Anyone having a good used or spare. Thank you.

I replaced turbos and upgraded my exhaust system last year. The take-offs were the standard 5" factory units and were in pretty good shape as I recall. I'll examine them, take a few photos and get back with you. You can PM me if you need more info.

Best I can find quickly--in 2017 I had an exhaust elbow made for a QSC 8.3 and was in the neighborhood of $1500. I think significantly cheaper than Cummins

These guys make replacement exhaust:

Attachments

• marine exhaust.jpg
    marine exhaust.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 41
Grant,
Check out the info about marine exhaust systems on sbmar.com. If your Cummins exhaust elbow is of the same design as what mine was (original install Cummins brand), do yourself a huge favour and replace it with a custom made exhaust that will ensure that saltwater does not "back drain" into your exhaust manifold and worse yet into your engine. Big bill if that happens for any length of time. Check out the website info. By the way, I had my 'custom exhaust" made by National Marine Exhaust in Marysville, Wash. They did a good job, for less cost than a Cummins replacement.

I may have one in my shop. Not sure of condition, but looked ok. I'll check on it tomorrow.

And just FYI, a 210hp Cummins made in 1991 is most likely not Aftercooled....and therefore would just be called a "6BT" and not a 6BTA....as you were....;)

Back
Top Bottom