Cross reference fuel filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capn Chuck

Guru
I need to find the cross reference numbers for my Delphi HDF 296 engine filters on my FL 120. I need to be able to get them from Napa or somewhere local before we cross to the Bahamas in the next few days. I just realized that I don't have any spares and that I don't have time to get any shipped to me before our window closes. Need to know what other FL 120 owners are using only please. Many thanks. Chuck

I've got the following in my maintenance log as equivalents:
Baldwin BF825, Purolator F50149

Here's a cross reference to Baldwin that makes it look like they are the same:
Baldwin Delphi X-Ref

Last edited:
Napa has a pretty comprehensive cross reference system. Their Gold filters are very high quality rebranded WIX, even sharing common digits in the model #.

NAPA carries Wics and they have a problem with the filter being warped, so they leak. But it looks like Parks aka Hop Car may have solved the problem for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed and thanks Bob for the heads up on Baldwin. Chuck

NAPA carries Wics and they have a problem with the filter being warped, so they leak. But it looks like Parks aka Hop Car may have solved the problem for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed and thanks Bob for the heads up on Baldwin. Chuck

That's a new one on me, must be that particular filter or a bad batch, have always found them to be very high quality, both for oil and fuel. Can't go wrong with Baldwins either, so alls well that ends well.

Actually the problem with the Wics filters on the Ford Lehman have been a known issue for a while. Wic refuses to acknowledge the problem. Talk to American Diesel to get the straight scoop. Chuck

Any thoughts of a remote filter housing?

My Leman 120 has one and it accepts very a very common size that I can get almost any brand, anywhere. FL-1A, Wix 1515, NAPA 51515, Purolator 30001, Fram PH8A...etc..etc

I sure have but not two days before we try and cross the Gulf Stream. Another big thank you to Parks (HopCar) and Hopkins Carter Marine Supply for not only coming to the rescue but delivering the filters to the boat since we couldn't get to him. NO ONE else in Miami could get these filters to me so quickly. As a matter of fact, no one else we called in Miami even had the filters we needs. Thank you Parks. Chuck

Last edited:
I keep calling the Wix filters Wics, sorry about that. We have read in the past where other FL owners had issues with these and that's why we went to American Diesel for confirmation on replacements. Brian was a big help and gave me a detailed list of the filters to avoid and the ones we could use without problems. I can't believe that I overlooked these spares in prepping for the trip. The devil is in the details. It's minor but could have become major if we needed them. Chuck

Interesting; I take it these are not a standard spin on or snap on type filter? Cannister of some kind? just curious.

You are very welcome Chuck. Don't anybody else ask me for these (Baldwin BF825) for a couple of weeks. Chuck cleaned me out.

When I made the delivery he tipped me with a copy of his book. It looks very handy for someone cruising Florida who doesn't want to stay in marinas.

I also accept food and beer as tips for deliveries as well.

Interesting..... I recently changed the filters using Wix and after removing and reinstalling 3 times I cannot stop them from seeping a little. I bought the adapters for threaded filters but have not installed them yet.

Dan
Lillie Ruth
78 Grand Banks 36 classic
Channel Islands, CA

You are very welcome Chuck. Don't anybody else ask me for these (Baldwin BF825) for a couple of weeks. Chuck cleaned me out.

When I made the delivery he tipped me with a copy of his book. It looks very handy for someone cruising Florida who doesn't want to stay in marinas.

I also accept food and beer as tips for deliveries as well.

Really. Well I need.... delivered in NC. I'll have the beer cold.:devil:

JD, It wouldn't take much more than a cold beer to talk me into coming up to NC now. We've had a really warm winter and I need some cool time.

Back
Top Bottom