Chinese/American engines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've lived and worked in Asia and have been exposed to Chinese products since this is the majority of what you have there.

Very simply, "hell no!".

I am of an age (57) that I remember when “Made in Japan” used to mean cheap.

China is just getting their legs under themselves. It’s going to get interesting...

Yep. I have spent the last 3 years working on a tech development project manufactured in China.

What is very noticeable to me is that the Chinese are no longer just copying things and manufacturing on-the-cheap, they are now innovating - across the board.

They have also boosted salaries for their manufacturing engineering folks. Salaries for industrial engineering jobs in many parts of China are now close to being on par with the US.

Most companies looking for low-cost manufacturing are now moving elsewhere - Taiwan, India, etc.

The first world factories have higher labor costs so usually are willing to pay to automate as much of the construction/ assembally as they can.

For decades engines were simply assembled , same process as in 3rd world countrys today.

If you need 2 or 4, 1100hp engines to get 40K from your 60 ft toy, first world assembly is desired.

Take a look at this video of 3rd world assembly. Start at about 1 minute in to see how "pathetic" Chinese engine assembly is these days:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom