Anybody recognize these fuel filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bustlebomb

Vessel Name
Snooker (for now.....)
Vessel Make
1981 34 Californian LRC
I’m getting ready to change my fuel filters and, since I don’t know what kind of filters these are, I don’t know what replacement element fits them. They’re good sized and a similar to a Racor but not like any I’ve seen online or on other boats. The top of the filter is one with the bracket and does not appear to come off like all the Racors I’ve used in the past. I can’t find any markings on them.

Before I dig into them, Anybody recognize them and have any pointers on how to change them?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5478.jpg
    IMG_5478.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5479.jpg
    IMG_5479.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 29
I have never seen one like that. Kinda looks like a Racor knockoff but they missed the mark by a bit. Do you have spare filters to put in it? Any part numbers on the spare filters may help lead you to a manufacturer.

Open it and see if there is a name on the element.

If it were I, I would replace the entire housing with a Racor or a Tony Athens sequential spin-on filter assembly. Most folks here would recommend a Racor but I prefer sequential filtering.

It might take Racor filter elements, looks like you unscrew the tee handle and drop down the filter housing and bowl for cleaning together. Good news is if there is a Racor element inside, it with have a name and number on it, also you can pre fill with clean fuel to hopefully not have to bleed air out of the system.

Dahl 101. Filters still available. Messy to change.

I think Ski nailed it. It does look like a Dahl.

The 201's are the big ones. These look smaller.

That’s it! Thanks for the help. I’d love to replace them with Racors or a sequential system, but have many other things I need to spend money on first. At least I know what I need to make a mess...

Back
Top Bottom