Alternative to boatzincs.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alzero
Vessel Make
Hatteras 63' CPMY
I have been banging my head against the wall for over a month trying to get engine anodes from boatzincs. First they sent zincs with threads that were too small for my plugs. I then ordered a couple with new plugs which have a different(square) head, but fit. So I went back and ordered 4 new plugs only, the only plugs in 3/4 NPT sold on their website and separate anodes from the same Detroit Diesel page. So I received hex headed plugs, not square and the zincs I had been getting from them for the past year have a different thread and don’t fit. I called the owner and all he could say was that “generic parts are not the same as OEM” and I was welcome to send them back again at my expense.
I am sick of dealing with these people and I just wonder if these is another source that I can turn to?

Precision Metals sells to distributors but when I contacted them for a local retailer they said they would sell direct to me.
Many retailers don't stock all the sizes I needed. They sell both the complete unit or pencil only and had everything in stock.

Always got my engine zincs from the local Detroit shop.

Got all other zincs from Deep Blue Yacht Supply. You might ask them who they rec for Detroits or if they can get them for you.

I see Amazon sells them now as well.

Have you asked over at the Hatteras Owner's Forum?

I've got to say that I never had anything but fast, friendly and efficient service from Boatzincs. They had a good selection, decent inventory on hand, and good prices. Have not needed to deal with them for a few years but always found them helpful.

Back
Top Bottom