120 Lehman raw water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Randomwake

Vessel Name
Random wake
Vessel Make
76’ CHB 34’ tricabin
Ive got a CHB 34 with 120 Lehman. I’ve purchased the upgraded Johnson pump as replacement for the japsco. One of the bolts is not able to come out with the orientation of the engine mount. I can’t believe I’m going to have to jack/support the engine and remove the engine mount?? Anyone else have same issue and or tips?

TIA.

Agree on American Diesel. Brian at 804-435-3107.

Often there are both components and bolys or screws that get seemingly trapped for various reasons. Only when repairs are needed that one discovers they can't be removed the easy way.

You just have to be creative and even then sometimes, yes the easiest or only way is to move a mountain.

Don't know if you tried the old take out the others, disengage the pump from the motor and then twist and turn the pump so the angle of extraction allows you to pull it out. Can't say it applies in yhid case, but maybe. Sometimes the tiniest change means success....it just takes a long time to discover that perfect combo of motions.

Greetings,
Mr. R. From what I vaguely recall there are 2 sizes of replacement pumps. Although I'm pretty sure there is no difference in ease or difficulty in replacement, I would suggest the 1" pump instead of the 3/4" pump. The larger inlet and outlet (1") should give you better cooling at higher RPM (I think).

Ive got a CHB 34 with 120 Lehman. I’ve purchased the upgraded Johnson pump as replacement for the japsco. One of the bolts is not able to come out with the orientation of the engine mount. I can’t believe I’m going to have to jack/support the engine and remove the engine mount?? Anyone else have same issue and or tips?

TIA.

I removed my assembly last year on a 76 CHB34 and I did not have this problem. I have since sold the boat and I cannot find a good photo of that area - sorry !

TIA.

Then you get the chance to do an engine alignment…. More fun.

This is the best photo I could find. Is this how your engine mount looks?

Attachments

• IMG_4631.jpg
    IMG_4631.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Perhaps remove the Jabsco pump separately will give you more options on removing the drive unit. Together they are pretty long. Divide and conquer.

Back
Top Bottom