Training and Licensing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just pointing out simple facts as I knew/ know them to those that may want to know and look further to be sure.

Not everyone who enjoys a drink is a drunk and shouldn't fear the law.

Just pointing out simple facts as I knew/ know them to those that may want to know and look further to be sure.

Not everyone who enjoys a drink is a drunk and shouldn't fear the law.

And no one has said they are.

And no one has said they are.

I have read between the line here for years....no secret about many people's feelings.

And not only here, all over society.

Or some are poor at articulating and imply too much.

Last edited:
I have read between the line here for years....no secret about many people's feelings.

And not only here, all over society.

Or some are poor at articulating and imply too much.

And you constantly defend drinking and driving, but the only one who introduced the issue here was you. You feel you must fight a view not even expressed or relevant to the conversation?

I find it funny sometimes as we talk about better regulating boating, since we do just a lousy job of handling driving on our roads.

I agree it is funny. There are fewer serious accidents on the water than on the road.
Follow the money. Make new laws, enforce them and collect the money. That is what we have come to. The girl you mentioned knew that, pay to play.

Locally we had a dad impress his very young son how fast his car could go in the city. Over 100 in a 30 zone. He was miffed he had to go to court to learn how much to write the check for.

I can not speak for others but on my boat, no drinking prior to getting underway, no drink while underway and no drinking until safely tied up or anchored for the evening.

And you constantly defend drinking and driving, but the only one who introduced the issue here was you. You feel you must fight a view not even expressed or relevant to the conversation?

See post 172 and 174 and get a grip.

I can not speak for others but on my boat, no drinking prior to getting underway, no drink while underway and no drinking until safely tied up or anchored for the evening.
Same rules on our boat.

When I was delivering, dry boat was written into contract - no alcohol on the boat whatsoever. (Included owners) These days, for day trips, friends use designated driver approach. In all candor, we aren't exactly party animals anymore.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom