Old 07-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #21
Veteran Member

City: Long Island, NY
Vessel Name: Boatless
Vessel Model: In Search of a 40'er!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
FWIW, dead low tide on July 30 at Moriches inlet is at 6:16 am.
Keep Captain Les from Sea Tow Moriches number handy: (631) 728-1072
If thatís the case, Silent, DO NOT try to go out at that time, unless it is dead flat calm in the ocean! That means about 11 or 12 noon will be high tide, a much better option.
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:10 PM   #22
Veteran Member

City: Bayport
Vessel Name: STELLA DI MARE
Vessel Model: 2006 MAINSHIP 34T
I made my decision . I will head west to Democrat point and take the ocean run even though it will add more time...Leaving Patchogue @5am July 30 will be a significant low tide if i reach Moriches between 6-7 am.. So i dont believe thats a good call.My boat draws 3.4.. Its a 34 T Mainship... slow trawler 10knts. Im use to the ocean considering i took her from Annapolis in the spring... to Patchogue.
SILENTKNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:07 AM   #23
Veteran Member

City: Long Island, NY
Vessel Name: Boatless
Vessel Model: In Search of a 40'er!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENTKNIGHT View Post
I made my decision . I will head west to Democrat point and take the ocean run even though it will add more time...Leaving Patchogue @5am July 30 will be a significant low tide if i reach Moriches between 6-7 am.. So i dont believe thats a good call.My boat draws 3.4.. Its a 34 T Mainship... slow trawler 10knts. Im use to the ocean considering i took her from Annapolis in the spring... to Patchogue.
Smart decision to avoid low tide in M.Inlet, and take the “safe route”. However, it’s about 50+ miles to FI inlet and back to Moriches inlet along beach. 20-25 Patch to ocean outside FI inlet, and 30 down beach FI inlet to Moriches Inlet. At 10 knots that’s at least 5 hours. The alternative to save fuel and run time, would be leave Patch at 9am and head east to Moriches, you will arrive at Moriches inlet about 11 (high tide…). If it’s a calm day, “2’ or less”, I would take that route.

Best of luck, and enjoy whichever way you go!
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:49 AM   #24
Veteran Member

City: Bayport
Vessel Name: STELLA DI MARE
Vessel Model: 2006 MAINSHIP 34T
Hello Birdman
I'm going to take that advice, and leave at 9am.
My destination in Greenport...for 2 nights..my confidence level is alot better with this support.
SILENTKNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote