Originally Posted by SILENTKNIGHT
I made my decision . I will head west to Democrat point and take the ocean run even though it will add more time...Leaving Patchogue @5am July 30 will be a significant low tide if i reach Moriches between 6-7 am.. So i dont believe thats a good call.My boat draws 3.4.. Its a 34 T Mainship... slow trawler 10knts. Im use to the ocean considering i took her from Annapolis in the spring... to Patchogue.
Smart decision to avoid low tide in M.Inlet, and take the “safe route”. However, it’s about 50+ miles to FI inlet and back to Moriches inlet along beach. 20-25 Patch to ocean outside FI inlet, and 30 down beach FI inlet to Moriches Inlet. At 10 knots that’s at least 5 hours. The alternative to save fuel and run time, would be leave Patch at 9am and head east to Moriches, you will arrive at Moriches inlet about 11 (high tide…). If it’s a calm day, “2’ or less”, I would take that route.
Best of luck, and enjoy whichever way you go!