Kady Krogan Off N. Captiva Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy…so thankful you & the pup are OK. For my very first time ever, I ran aground in Big Sarasota Pass just a couple of weeks ago with our 3’2” deep KK Manatee. A new dredged area was pretty fresh but apparently not fresh enough. Tow Boat told me no charts really help much and even he said he follows his own crumbs in and out. I should have waited for a local to follow. We had both Garmin & latest Navionics working but…

The towboat exercise was exactly as you described it, …was there within the hour. He twisted the bow around first …never asked if I had fins, but I can assure that if I would have had them, the results would likely been the same. Got out no problem and no damage except to my ego. Still learning at 71.

Come up sometime and join us for an afternoon cruise.

..........We stayed on plane, and I followed my gut and what looked like the channel to my mark 1 eyeballs,.......

Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead! Bigger cajones than I. I inch along. A hard grounding scares the bejesus out of me.

I am the former owner of Good Swan, Kadey Krogen 42-15, homeport Portsmouth, RI. Made an overnight passage from Dry Tortugas going to Cayo Costa, Fri, 3/4....

Andy and my boat dog, Teddy.

Thank you for posting. It is most helpful.

Welcome to TF

Later,
Dan

Back
Top Bottom