Fishing boat in trouble off south padre island tx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stubones99

Guru

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-11 16.25.19.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-11 16.25.19.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 54
I would call that more “on” South Padre Island than “off” South Padre Island. I know, cheap comment but not much else to say. I’m just guessing here but as she is bow on to the beach it looks more like someone fell asleep and drove her ashore. If she was disabled and drifted ashore I would expect her to be beam to the seas... Off course that is just an internet observation. Maybe she was taking on water and was driven ashore to keep from going under.

Boats don't typically drift in bow first. That looks like they scuttled it in an attempt to save her.

I saw it a few hundred yards out and slowly be pushed ashore by the waves. Now that they have moved the camera angle, we can't see what has happened since last night.

It might be beam to.... till an outboard or running gear starts to plant in the sand.

Then the waves may swing the bow in.

Not guaranteed but just as likely as beam to.... and then it can alternate till firmly aground.

Pulled more than a couple of commercial fishing boats off the beach where the helmsman fell asleep on autopilot and the boat motored right past the sea buoy waypoint and hit the beach right next to an inlet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom