CG LED VHF Interference test...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
from Professional Mariner. 1. Turn off LED lights. 2. Tune the VHF radio to a quiet channel. 3. Adjust the VHF radio's squelch control until the radio outputs audio noise. 4. Re-adjust the squelch control until the audio noise is quiet. 5. Turn on the LED lights. If the radio now outputs audio noise the LED lights have raised the noise floor. If the noise floor is found to have been raised, then it is likely the VHF radio and the AIS reception are being degraded by the LED lighting.

One important note. Skip thru all channels not just one. Some noise sources are broadband others not. I found a marine a/c controller that pretty much only messed with one or two channels.
My company has been sending me to labs to get these scans done and see this first hand.

Interesting test, haven't done that one, thanks.

FWIW, a LED bulb (one of the LED bulbs?) in our garage door opener at home seems to hose up control from the various car remotes. Still troubleshooting, but that seems to be the case...

-Chris

I have noticed some interference on my stereo, on FM stations - haven't investigated the VHF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom