Abandoned boats in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a "war on wrecks" programme here
It's really quite disturbing the amount of dungheaps that are around that you know will end up on the bottom or washed into the mangroves.

There is one about 500 metres to the north and same to the south, both gone down this year.

Disappointing that I am not allowed to go onboard and salvage what I can.
Have seen several decent alloy masts that could be repurposed into flopper stopper/stabilzers arms and framework or deck cranes.
I have been around them checking them out but no, not allowed and they get crunched up and binned.

https://www.redlandcitybulletin.com...cks-100-vessels-removed-from-redlands-waters/

I have been disposing derelict vessels for a few years now. Have been working with the Port of Aancortes and have been approached by the DNR to help remove the 300 vessels that they have to dispose of. we are working on a system to grind them up and sell the "chips" as fuel for some industrial plants. The vessels that I have been disposing have been ranging from 30-60' not the small ones that just end up in parking lots or along side dirt roads. it is not expensive to do and doesn't require a lot of time. we have about 6 so far for this season. If somebody has a boat to dispose of they can let me know and i can see if we can help them out. The easiest ones are the ones that have been gutted but we usually still have tanks to deal with.
Wow. Awesome. Thanks for posting.

I wish somebody would "abandon" a 40' Downeast with twin diesels around my area!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom