YIKES! My moorage went up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EngNate

Vessel Name
Tenacious
Vessel Make
Uniflite 31 FB Sedan
+ .25/ft/mo, to $4.00!

Oh, that is $CAD :pirate:

We're at 8.20/ft at Shelter Bay in the Anacortes area. With our new dock upgrade this winter we are now required to pay for a dock box at an additional $7.00/mo.

$4.00 is sounding pretty dang good to me!:)

How about $17.50 ft./month. Water and electricity included. AUD so it`s not so bad. But no dock box.

I dock our boat at our house, so it is free. Other than the work taking care of the house...

You got a deal. We are paying $21.5/ft/mo plus power on Vancouver Island.

Fuel starts down in price and then everything else.....Screw the boaters

The original price was a "Gift" the new price is a bargain.

You should ask them if you can pay for the next five years in advance at that price.

pete

We pay $13.00 a foot yet the marina has boats that have not moved in years (not live aboards.) Ya gotta wonder why anyone would pay slip fees, insurance, boat cleaning, etc. on a boat that never moves?

How about $17.50 ft./month. Water and electricity included. AUD so it`s not so bad. But no dock box.

Bargain

Up at RQYS in QLD (the only one near us with available, easy access berths) if I was going in as liveaboard it would be $34/ft
That's around $25,000 a year to park the boat

Other marinas are cheaper, but suitable berths are non existent.

Needless to say, we don't do marinas.

Last edited:
Ours jumped a few dollars this year too. Up from $72/ft to 80 for the season. So a bit over $300 extra. Still not horrible for the area and at least the increase was very visibly to fund some significant dock improvements.

We pay $9/ft, covered, with walk-in storage, and includes electric and water. No other amenities besides restrooms, showers, and security.

I pay $260/month for my 60' x 20' covered slip and I ain't complaining a bit. It goes up a few bucks every year but I'm still not griping. No place else to park the boat if I were to get kicked out.

No bitchin' Mike

Yes we went up also $20.50/ ft, plus power. Private shed on Vancouver Island

Bargain

Up at RQYS in QLD (the only one near us with available, easy access berths) if I was going in as liveaboard it would be $34/ft
That's around $25,000 a year to park the boat

Other marinas are cheaper, but suitable berths are non existent.

Needless to say, we don't do marinas.
I describe my $630pcm marina as "rustic" in terms of facilities. No showers, no laundry, some other drawbacks, but it`s the floating kind and the owners are friendly to deal with.

Here in the great City of Miami, the city commissioners found it perfectly acceptable to raise the rates on the city marina by about 25% right after the marina had just been destroyed by Hurricane Irma. 2 1/2 years later, we have spotty electricity, water is back, no pump out, lots of missing pilings, only a few small trash cans that are only picked up every few days (used to be picked up every morning), missing finger piers, and I get to pay $24/ft/mo. Oh, and rats. We now have a rat problem and they have caused a lot of damage to boats’ wiring. The rats came along as a result of the garbage that sits all over the place not being picked up daily. Oh well...I’m lucky to even have a slip in Miami. :)

If I was to live aboard they'd double the charge for power, from $54 to 108, that's for a 20A plug that's actually on a 15A breaker. They make up some of the low price there, and rates do go up in the summer but I'm not there then. The docks, lighting, power, water & parking are all good, as are the showers ($3/5min) and laundry ($2.75/2.75). It's open-access, no security but I haven't locked the boat in the 5 years it's lived there. Not much happens in a town of 600 that's a ferry ride away from anyplace else, and that's still a 5hr drive from anywhere... A fuel truck comes to the loading dock on Thursdays, diesel is 20% or more below fuel dock prices.

$4,032 per season (Summer). Season is basically 5 months long. On a 35 foot boat, that is $23.04/ft per month including water and electric.

+ .25/ft/mo, to $4.00!

Oh, that is $CAD :pirate:

On a 31 foot boat that is $7.75 can/month. Most people can find that in their couch.

My 50' slip in Crisfield Maryland on a very nice floating dock, is $2,900 for the year. :D That's $4.83 per foot per month plus metered electric. I believe the fixed docks are cheaper.

Ted

In Alameda, CA I pay $565 for a 46’ x 17’ slip + $350 liveaboard. Water is included and electricity is metered separately. That may seem like a lot but still much less expensive than renting an apartment in this area.

We pay $10. per foot per month in a covered, floating slip in the Sac Delta. Electricity is extra. Not bad when compared to the prices that many of you quote. I hope the owners of our marina do not read this.

Moorage

Newport beach California just researched for a 50' slip...from $50 to $88 per foot per month plus power! Still tough to find even at these prices...

I describe my $630pcm marina as "rustic" in terms of facilities. No showers, no laundry, some other drawbacks, but it`s the floating kind and the owners are friendly to deal with.

Given your location, I'd think this is a good price including power and water. How is car parking?
That price is paid down here, but with two year wait lists. Prices driven high by relocating mainland boats, around 30% occupancy, using them as floating condo's.

Next harbor south is 5+ years. Most marinas have parking...some you pay on daily use.

Here in the great City of Miami, the city commissioners found it perfectly acceptable to raise the rates on the city marina by about 25% right after the marina had just been destroyed by Hurricane Irma. 2 1/2 years later, we have spotty electricity, water is back, no pump out, lots of missing pilings, only a few small trash cans that are only picked up every few days (used to be picked up every morning), missing finger piers, and I get to pay $24/ft/mo. Oh, and rats. We now have a rat problem and they have caused a lot of damage to boats’ wiring. The rats came along as a result of the garbage that sits all over the place not being picked up daily. Oh well...I’m lucky to even have a slip in Miami. :)

I'm at a non liveaboard slip on the New River for my 29' sloop. $350 a month is pretty much the going rate for non liveaboard dockage (about $10 to $15 a foot per month) depending on how far up the river you are!

I thought my new rate of $13.35CAD/foot/month ($9.21USD at today's exchange rate) plus power was getting steep but a bit of research showed that to be the most economical at the southern tip of Vancouver Island.
<heavy sigh>
You didn't buy a boat to save money, did you?

I got a quote from the brand new, not yet open, Saltpring Marina at Moby's Pub in Ganges harbour for the month of August. I occupy 50' overall, so that was what I asked for: $1150, which is $23/'/mo. cheaper in the off season of course, but they were supposed to be open by Thxgiving (mid Oct 2019) and are now hoping for Easter or May 24 long weekend.

I am not going to even name my marina since I don't want you all to run the rates up. $2000 a year for a 35 foot boat in a slip a 50 footer would fit comfortably.

Can be on the Chesapeake in an hour at sailboat speeds. Pool. Yard lets you do your own work. 100t lift.

Man we got it good.

I'd stop boating at some of those rates....

Back
Top Bottom