Old 03-16-2020, 10:03 AM   #21
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in Crisfield, MD
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
My 50' slip in Crisfield Maryland on a very nice floating dock, is $2,900 for the year. That's $4.83 per foot per month plus metered electric. I believe the fixed docks are cheaper.

Ted

"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #22

City: Alameda
Vessel Name: Rocinante
Vessel Model: Marine Trader 44 Trawler Tri-Cabin
In Alameda, CA I pay $565 for a 46’ x 17’ slip + $350 liveaboard. Water is included and electricity is metered separately. That may seem like a lot but still much less expensive than renting an apartment in this area.

KnottyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #23
Veteran Member

City: Belmont, CA,
Vessel Name: Se la Vi 2
Vessel Model: FuHwa, 35 feet, built aka a Taiwan Tub
We pay $10. per foot per month in a covered, floating slip in the Sac Delta. Electricity is extra. Not bad when compared to the prices that many of you quote. I hope the owners of our marina do not read this.
88FuHwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #24
Veteran Member

City: Laguna beach
Vessel Name: Stormy
Vessel Model: Grandbanks 46 europa
Moorage

Newport beach California just researched for a 50' slip...from $50 to $88 per foot per month plus power! Still tough to find even at these prices...
Gbonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:45 PM   #25
Veteran Member

City: Tasmania
Vessel Model: Sea Ranger 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
I describe my $630pcm marina as "rustic" in terms of facilities. No showers, no laundry, some other drawbacks, but it`s the floating kind and the owners are friendly to deal with.
Given your location, I'd think this is a good price including power and water. How is car parking?
That price is paid down here, but with two year wait lists. Prices driven high by relocating mainland boats, around 30% occupancy, using them as floating condo's.
Southern Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #26
Veteran Member

City: Laguna beach
Vessel Name: Stormy
Vessel Model: Grandbanks 46 europa
Next harbor south is 5+ years. Most marinas have parking...some you pay on daily use.
Gbonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #27
Veteran Member

City: Plantation, Fl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
Here in the great City of Miami, the city commissioners found it perfectly acceptable to raise the rates on the city marina by about 25% right after the marina had just been destroyed by Hurricane Irma. 2 1/2 years later, we have spotty electricity, water is back, no pump out, lots of missing pilings, only a few small trash cans that are only picked up every few days (used to be picked up every morning), missing finger piers, and I get to pay $24/ft/mo. Oh, and rats. We now have a rat problem and they have caused a lot of damage to boatsí wiring. The rats came along as a result of the garbage that sits all over the place not being picked up daily. Oh well...Iím lucky to even have a slip in Miami.

I'm at a non liveaboard slip on the New River for my 29' sloop. $350 a month is pretty much the going rate for non liveaboard dockage (about $10 to $15 a foot per month) depending on how far up the river you are!
dennismenace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:22 PM   #28

City: Victoria, BC
Vessel Name: Gypsy Cloud
Vessel Model: Pacific Trawler 40
I thought my new rate of $13.35CAD/foot/month ($9.21USD at today's exchange rate) plus power was getting steep but a bit of research showed that to be the most economical at the southern tip of Vancouver Island.
<heavy sigh>
You didn't buy a boat to save money, did you?
rcsomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:58 PM   #29
Guru

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44
I got a quote from the brand new, not yet open, Saltpring Marina at Moby's Pub in Ganges harbour for the month of August. I occupy 50' overall, so that was what I asked for: $1150, which is $23/'/mo. cheaper in the off season of course, but they were supposed to be open by Thxgiving (mid Oct 2019) and are now hoping for Easter or May 24 long weekend.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #30

City: Richmond VA
I am not going to even name my marina since I don't want you all to run the rates up. $2000 a year for a 35 foot boat in a slip a 50 footer would fit comfortably.

Can be on the Chesapeake in an hour at sailboat speeds. Pool. Yard lets you do your own work. 100t lift.

Man we got it good.

I'd stop boating at some of those rates....
Ric in Richmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:45 PM   #31

City: Abbotsford
Vessel Name: Lucky Penny
Vessel Model: 38' C & L Puget Trawler
$10.25/ft
Tangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:41 AM   #32
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Boater View Post
Given your location, I'd think this is a good price including power and water. How is car parking?
That price is paid down here, but with two year wait lists. Prices driven high by relocating mainland boats, around 30% occupancy, using them as floating condo's.
It includes car parking. Sometimes you compete with cars with boat trailers, the marina has a fee paying launching ramp, but I`ve always found a space. There are 5 marinas in close proximity which keeps price in check.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:59 AM   #33

City: Everett
Vessel Name: Andiamo
Vessel Model: Egg Harbor 33í
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancora View Post
We pay $13.00 a foot yet the marina has boats that have not moved in years (not live aboards.) Ya gotta wonder why anyone would pay slip fees, insurance, boat cleaning, etc. on a boat that never moves?
We are relatively new to dock life in Everett. I was surprised to see the same thing. We bought our boat about 6 months ago and started noticing that about 50% of the boats on our dock never move, and we never see anyone around. There are 2 nice GB36' that are always clean but no people, then there is one that looks like no one has stepped foot on it for years.. Doc fees are high and at one time it was a very nice boat. With insurance and fees its got to be around 600 a month? Seams like a waste of a good time and it also plugs up the marina for potential new boats to move in. With a wait list of 3-5 years for covered slips in the 36+ range. Everett has also stopped all new live abords, they even got ride of the wait list this spring.
RonR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #34

City: Abbotsford
Vessel Name: Lucky Penny
Vessel Model: 38' C & L Puget Trawler
We have a sad boat like they at our marina...there are many near deserted boats all over the place here. The cost is huge and I just can’t figure it out .The guy shows up once or twice a year, replaces the torn tarps , checks his constantly running bilge pumps and is gone again. The boats a wreck but he pays his moorage....I have heard that the reason for so many derelicts is lack of responsibility and a $5000 crushing fee to dispose of them.
Tangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:38 AM   #35
TF Site Team

City: Westerly, RI
Vessel Name: N/A
Vessel Model: 1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonR View Post
We are relatively new to dock life in Everett. I was surprised to see the same thing. We bought our boat about 6 months ago and started noticing that about 50% of the boats on our dock never move, and we never see anyone around. There are 2 nice GB36' that are always clean but no people, then there is one that looks like no one has stepped foot on it for years.. Doc fees are high and at one time it was a very nice boat. With insurance and fees its got to be around 600 a month? Seams like a waste of a good time and it also plugs up the marina for potential new boats to move in. With a wait list of 3-5 years for covered slips in the 36+ range. Everett has also stopped all new live abords, they even got ride of the wait list this spring.
I don't worry about how other people spend their money or treat their things. I refrain from getting involved until I see you start abusing people, animals, or other people's property. Other than that, it's their stuff, they can do with it as they please.

What you're describing is the norm at any marina across the country. It happens for lots of reasons.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:30 AM   #36

City: Fairbanks
Vessel Name: Shearwater
Vessel Model: Trawler
Just shy of $900 a month for a 40í, in Whittier...so far the most expensive slip Iíve found in Alaska.
Btequine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:15 AM   #37
Veteran Member

City: Seattle
Vessel Name: Cygnus
Vessel Model: Meridian 391
Seattle in fresh water 40 ft slip is $600. Includes electricity as long as you don’t exceed some base. So $15/ft/month. No real amenities like shower or anything else.
Barabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:10 AM   #38
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Transient rates where I am are $20/ft/mth for an 18m (59') berth. More for weekly or overnight. Includes power and water, has laundry and showers, but parking is on the street and metered. Still, its walking distance to the CBD (Downtown if you like) so an excellent location. Liveaboards OK, but extra fee.

I own my berth so its a bit cheaper, but not by as much as it should be IMO. The Govt takes a big whack for the 'seabed lease' and give absolutely nothing in return. The rest of my cost is for marina R&R, and it struggles to keep up as the marina was neglected for a time, had damage from floods not fully rectified etc. I sold one of my berths at the end of last year as I foresee a 'special levy' for electrical rewiring coming not too far down the track.