Old 05-11-2022, 11:26 AM   #1

City: Chattanooga
Vessel Name: Neverland
Vessel Model: 73 Marine Trader Double Cabin
Weekly/Monthly slip recommendations near Oneida Lake

I'm looking to move my boat up the Hudson in a few weeks and need to break the trip up, requiring me to leave the boat for 2 or 3 weeks in the Oneida Lake area...possibly even over to Ontario, or even Albany area on the other side. Any recommendations?
markmclain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:46 AM   #2
Guru

City: Trenton
There is a nice marina right on Oneida Lake on the eastern side of the lake. Sorry I can't find the name.
alormaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:06 PM   #3
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by alormaria View Post
There is a nice marina right on Oneida Lake on the eastern side of the lake. Sorry I can't find the name.
Wifey B: There are many. Approaching the lake from the east, we docked at Mariners Landing. on the other side, Ess-Kay Landing is well known. However, on the lake there are Oneida Lake, Hidden Harbor, Callahan's, Thrall's, Fremac, Fisher Bay, A&P, Lake Shore, Oneida Bay, Lakeshore, Oneida Shores on the south side of the lake. Also a few on the North shore but most are small and some are shallow. Near the exit but north of it you do have Big Bay and 42 North. Upon exit to the west in addition to Ess-Kay you have Brewerton Boatyard. I can recommend Mariner's Landing and Ess-Kay from experience and Brewerton from close hand observation and second hand information. Can't advise on those along the south shore. Perhaps Alomaria will remember from this listing.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:22 PM   #4
TF Site Team

City: Seneca Lake NY
Vessel Name: Bacchus
Vessel Model: MS 34 HT Trawler
Brewerton on W end has several already mentioned Ess-Kay, and there is Winter Hbr.
A little further W on the W side of lock 23 is Pirates Cove. Very accommodating couple run the place and have a loaner vehicle for local trips. It is an older facility but you won't find a friendlier host. There is a pool on site and a restaurant that varies opening & hours everybseason so worth a check.

On the Albany end we havecstayedvat yhecSchenectady Yacht Club and been impressed with them. Again pool on-site but not much within walking distance but local restaurants will deliver. They are above the Waterford flight between lock 6& 7.
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:56 PM   #5
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: I just found out that Mariner's Landing is "permanently closed." They now refer you to Snug Harbor. We just wanted a brief stay before entering and crossing the lake. Don't know where we'll dock next time if we stop in that area.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:40 AM   #6

City: Chattanooga
Vessel Name: Neverland
Vessel Model: 73 Marine Trader Double Cabin
Thanks to everyone for the recommendations, I really appreciate it! I've reached out to some of the suggestions and making good progress!
markmclain is offline   Reply With Quote