Wanted; maxwell windlass control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petdoc4u

Vessel Name
EXILE
Vessel Make
HANS CHRISTIAN TRAWLER
I am looking for a replacement windlass control like the one pictured. Perhaps there is a another control which is compatable as I am open to any solution. If someone has substituted a control in place of the one pictured it would also be helpful to know how that control was wired in. The pictured control still works however I suspect it is on its last legs.
Thanks for your knowledge.
-David

Attachments

• IMG_20151019_144540.jpg
    IMG_20151019_144540.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 107
I am looking for a replacement windlass control like the one pictured. Perhaps there is a another control which is compatable as I am open to any solution. If someone has substituted a control in place of the one pictured it would also be helpful to know how that control was wired in. The pictured control still works however I suspect it is on its last legs.
-David

Our boat has two that look similar. About five years ago a lightning strike in the marina fried the electronic modules in both of them. Couldn't find replacements at the time, so I took them apart and rigged some rudimentary bypass wiring. The up/down functions remain, but that's all. Power to the switch is from a remote toggle. Good enough, and I don't have to cover the hole.

-David

David, I got one here in Toronto which I will be removing in a few weeks.

Frank B.

Attachments

• IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 103
I had the same setup on our boat. I got ahold of the Maxwell rep and he told me to ditch that switch (asap) as there was an issue with them causing a possible short and due to no circuit breaker for the windlass I changed things out. My Maxwell windlass is power up only.

...I may not be exactly sure on the details, it was longer than a week ago ;)

image.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

This was a about a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom