Tenn Tom Marina Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spottsville

Vessel Name
Quiet Company
Vessel Make
Great Harbour GH-47
We will be moving our trawler up the Tenn Tom in March/April and are looking for marinas where we can confidently leave the boat for a week to three weeks. Any recommendations?

Norm
Quiet Company
GH GH47

Sent from my iPad with big clumsy fingers using Trawler

How far up the Tenn-Tom do you want to go?

We are going from Mobile to the Ohio river.

Norm
Quiet Company
GH Gh47

I'd pick Green Turtle Bay Resort. The prices are good, the facilities are fantastic, and your wife will enjoy it (onsite spa + great amenities). It's not a bad walk into town with a fair amount to do through the area. The docks are floating too which make life easy.

We'll be putting together what I call the "hop, skip, and jump" path from the Ohio River to Mobile Bay later in the spring. It would work just as well to run the list in reverse. It combines some suggested anchorages with facilities that are inexpensive ($1/foot or less), have courtesy cars, and provide great service.

I'd pick Green Turtle Bay Resort. The prices are good, the facilities are fantastic, and your wife will enjoy it (onsite spa + great amenities). It's not a bad walk into town with a fair amount to do through the area. The docks are floating too which make life easy. We'll be putting together what I call the "hop, skip, and jump" path from the Ohio River to Mobile Bay later in the spring. It would work just as well to run the list in reverse. It combines some suggested anchorages with facilities that are inexpensive ($1/foot or less), have courtesy cars, and provide great service.

Thanks, when we get to the end of the Tennessee River we will cut over to the Cumberland and pause at GTB. We are likely going to have to do the trip in segments (3-or 4 days at a time) renting a car and driving back to home. So.... first hand knowledge of the best marinas is helpful.

Norm
Quiet Company
Great Harbour GH47

Columbus Mississippi is a great stop. Another great marina is Aqua Yacht Harbor at the northern end of the Tenn-Tom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom