Summer Storage for 36' trawler in NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TT54

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Sabreline 36
Looking for a place to store our boat that we can work on it. We don't have a lot do do on the boat, replacing the headliner, painting and cleaning the bottom, installing a tv, scrapping a small amount of teak on the outside.We want a place in NC, we are thinking about Oriental, New Bern, and any other suggestions in NC. We have just started the process so don't have a lot more to offer you about my question.

Hurricane boat yard, outside of New Bern is a decent, cheap, DIY yard. My buddy just finished staying there on the hard while he did a bottom job himself.

David

we had our boat on the hill at Goose Creek Marina in Bridgeton NC. Its right across from New Bern. Two years ago they charged $10/ft to lift and pressure wash the bottom. long term storage was $200 a month. its a do it your self yard. they also have a shipps store for parts and tool rental.

Let me know when u are in the New Bern area. My wife and I have a 1989 36 Sabre down in Swansboro NC.

What would you like to have nearby besides the boat yard?

we had our boat on the hill at Goose Creek Marina in Bridgeton NC. Its right across from New Bern. Two years ago they charged $10/ft to lift and pressure wash the bottom. long term storage was $200 a month. its a do it your self yard. they also have a shipps store for parts and tool rental.

Goose Creek? Do you mean Duck Creek? Duck Creek, Bridgeton Boatworks and Tidewater are the only three yards I know right across from New Bern. :)

In Wilmington we have Smith Creek Boatyard, it has a huge ex-fertilizer shed that they can put the boat indoors. Handy for some type of work, if that matters.

Hi All,
Wow, thank you for all that great information. We are in Maine for the summer and have been since April 30th. We ended up keeping our boat at The Beaufort Marine Center, NC. I will
file this information for future reference. We will be heading back to Beaufort in late September or early October to see more of the ICW.

( Hijack! Off with her head!) :hide:

So.. are most of you saying the mid south area of the ICW is the least expensive for large boats like these? OMG where I live they charge $36-40 a foot

Oh.. where do you stay when the boat is on the hard?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom