South Puget Sound Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikehar

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gallivant
Vessel Make
Northern Marine 64
I'm in Seattle now and I thought it would be fun to visit a bit of the south sound before we head back up to the San Juans. I think we'll start with Quartermaster. We are both working from the boat, so we need solid cell coverage. How is the signal in Quartermaster Harbor?

Any other suggestions (anchorages and docks) that also have decent cell coverage?

-mike

I'm in Seattle now and I thought it would be fun to visit a bit of the south sound before we head back up to the San Juans. I think we'll start with Quartermaster. We are both working from the boat, so we need solid cell coverage. How is the signal in Quartermaster Harbor?

Any other suggestions (anchorages and docks) that also have decent cell coverage?

-mike
I haven't been there is a few years but it used to be very weak, almost not usable.

We have Verizon and I recall from our summer in south sound a few years ago that coverage was pretty decent almost everywhere we went (we are also workaboards).

Part of it depends on your antenna. It helps that I installed the SeaBit system on my boat. Thanks Steve!

The view of Mt Rainier is fantastic while anchored at Filucy Bay just out side of Longbranch Marina.

Btw, I've been driving by your gorgeous boat to and from my work this week, kind of a nice bonus! :thumb:

I don't think of Quartermaster Harbor as South Sound. I think you have to go through the Narrows to be in South Sound. That said, I did fine with verizon and cell coverage but I was anchored in the north end of the harbor. No sure what life is like on the dock.

We were there recently and had pretty good coverage in the bay on AT&T.

I’m a work-aboard so LTE coverage is key.

Oro Bay down at Anderson Island has good anchorage, and some reciprocal if you're a club member. I also like docking in Olympia at Swantown. Gig Harbor is ok, with a public dock and some ok anchorage, but its pretty busy in the summer. I've heard a couple folks mention Priest Point Park down near Olympia, for anchoring, but I've not stayed there. McNicken Island is one of our favorites. have fun. Of the ones mentioned, the only trouble I recall with service was at Oro Bay, but that was some years ago
toni

Back
Top Bottom