Seattle ferry tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have worked in it for 20+ years. It is WAY worse now than ever and it is only going to worsen more. I consider the city lost. There are areas that mirror the worst third world slums on the planet; imagine the Brazilian favelas or the slums of Mumbai. And I’m not exaggerating. I laugh when I hear people call it “The Emerald City”. They obviously haven’t visited lately or are in denial.

Let's get back to the OP's request for Seattle ferry tips before this becomes a full-fledged Seattle Dump Fest.

Thanks!

If you have kids 5 and 7 you might take the car when going over. There is a lot to see on Bainbridge that is not within walking distance, like the Ft. Worden State Park and a walk on the beach there after a walk through the deep, dark, spooky primordial forest. Bremerton? From Bremerton you can drive around the end of the inlet and see Port Orchard, a charming place. There are so many possibilities. If you just want to cross the sound on the ferry and see a few shops and eat out, it is not worth taking a car. You would have to stay in the area two weeks to do the ferry rides alone. The system is amazing, the destinations are fabulous in one way or another.

Fort Worden State Park is definitely not walking distance from the Bremerton ferry since it is in Port Townsend. You can hop a passenger only ferry to Port Orchard from Bremerton.

Considering that this post started 10 days ago and the OP was then currently in Seattle, I think that ferry has sailed.

Tator

Considering that this post started 10 days ago and the OP was then currently in Seattle, I think that ferry has sailed.

Tator
Hmmm, I wonder what anchor they use on the ferries.

Too bad the OP didn't come back to this thread and let us know how the trip went, which ferry they took and how they liked it.

I was kinda curious...

Ferry

Greetings all,

The family and I are out in Seattle for a few days. We are staying near Pioneer Square about 2 blocks from the Bainbridge and Bremerton ferry docks.

Which ferry should we hop on for a fun little trip? We do also have a car and can drive anywhere to another ferry as well. My idea was to leave the car parked and hop on a boat by foot. Or should we take the car?

We are looking for a boat ride of course, but also maybe a destination for lunch or dinner and neat stuff to see.

My kids are 5 and 7 and well travel trained, walking long distances is ok.

Thanks for your ideas!

Sean and family.

Anacortes is a nice destination. Friday Harbor is great. There is a seal named Popeye that lives in the marina that will splash water on you till you feed her.

Enjoyed the Horse and Cow submarine bar/grill in Bremerton.

Tator

Wonder if it is a franchise? Used to "belly up" at the Horse and Cow in Vallejo in the early 80's. Raucous watering hole repleat with waterfront trollops.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom