Referral for a Yacht Yard - Annapolis area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwiggl

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Cady Girl
Vessel Make
Californian, Seaswirl, Brig, all others sold.
Hey kids,
I am working through a purchase process and will need to employ a yard to haul out a 40,000 lb 45 footer for service.
These times are crazy and it's tough to get around. Not being local to MD, I don't have a sense of who is doing work and who is a reputable shop. Some referrals would make the phone based diligence a bit easier.
Any recommendations for the Annapolis area? Western shore preferred.

Solid 30 year old boat. Got the engines covered by a separate contractor - who will need access to the yard. She needs bottom paint, prop work, shaft seal work. Some minor interior repairs to hoses, bilge pumps, a few wires, etc.

Would like to store it on the hard until the beer bug blows over, but would like to get the work done asap to beat what is going to be a big rush in 6-8 weeks. (if you are a positive thinker). Don't even know who is doing work right now.
Thanks Much, D

Bert Jabins is the work yard in Annapolis. The yard only does haul outs and storage, so you have to contract with any of the dozen or so independent contractors in the yard.

A lower cost and probably one stop shop is Shipwright Harbor Marina in Deale, maybe 30 miles south of Annapolis. They did a bottom job and cutlass bearing replacement for me that came out fine. Small yard with only a few boatwrights though.

David

Anchor Yacht Basin in Edgewater is working. Mostly launching boat from their own storage, but you could ask. They do all the haul-outs for the Fleming dealer next door (Burr does the rest for themselves), and they have engine guys (they allow outside contractors), and yard guys who do bottom work.

-Chris

I had J. Gordon do a bunch of work for me, and was very happy with the service and results. Their office is at the Eastport Yacht Center, which does have haulout and limited storage capability, but J G will do outcalls. I wasn't able to get any other estimates at the time, so I don't know for sure how their prices compare, but I doubt they're the cheapest.

Back
Top Bottom