Pumpout on the South Fraser River, BC??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spinner

Guru
My boat is newly-moored about 15 miles up the south arm of the Fraser River...

Can anyone point me to a pump out on the River? I know I can go to False Creek or the Vancouver Marina, but that is really a long way to go!

Thanks in advance...

Check around with other boaters for a service (pump out boats) that comes to your boat.

Shelter Island Marina is the only Pump Out that I know of on the Fraser River. Call to make sure it works first.

There is a website by the Georgia Strait Alliance that has a map of pump outs, if you zoom in you can see only one one the south Fraser at shelter Island Marina.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 7.46.12 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 7.46.12 AM.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 26
My boat is newly-moored about 15 miles up the south arm of the Fraser River...

Can anyone point me to a pump out on the River? I know I can go to False Creek or the Vancouver Marina, but that is really a long way to go!

Thanks in advance...

What marina are you moored at? 15 m upriver sounds like you may be close to Shelter Is.

Thanks, I called Shelter Island Marina - twice. The first time I was told they don’t have a pumpout. The second time, after I listened to their “hold message” that says they do have a pumpout, I was told, vaguely, that it wasn’t in service. I asked when it would be returned to service - “oh call back in a week of two, it’s something to do with Worksafe BC ....”

Clearly the person on the phone couldn’t care less :-(

Re mobile service - I think that might be a business opportunity! The only one I found is up north in False Creek. I contacted them to see if they come down to the South Fraser. “No, it would be an all-day trip, and would cost me about $1500 Canadian...” no joy

Re mobile service - I think that might be a business opportunity! The only one I found is up north in False Creek. I contacted them to see if they come down to the South Fraser. “No, it would be an all-day trip, and would cost me about $1500 Canadian...” no joy

$1500? Cheaper to untie, go out 3 miles, pump and return to your berth.
Plus, the problem of transport Canadian or US chit across the boarder.... LOL
Customs officer, "Hey boy, that'cha got in this tanks and country of origin."

$1500??? That might be his way of saying, no way, no how etc.

Sue,
Sorry to say, but pumping out up here in BC can be a problem. This is even more obvious the further north you go. Our Government is more than happy to make "rules", and then tell small marinas that they should shoulder all costs associated with providing the service.
For example, I have had discussions with the former owner (prior to his death) of the Port Harvey Marina. Being on an isolated island, the costs associated with either a large enough septic field or transporting the waste were extremely prohibitive, so of course, it never happened.

Spinner, you are in the south arm. Captain Cove marina has one. As always good to call ahead and confirm it is operational. 604-946-1244

Back
Top Bottom