Puget Sound Moorage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depending on how much you work on the boat you might also investigate what services are available locally. After decades of having a boat in Seattle itself we're now in Anacortes. While there are many positives one thing I've missed is ready access to multiple well stocked supply houses. In Anacortes at least we have a big West Marine, but that's it. However, we have lots of service providers so that is a plus.

North Harbor Diesel in Anacortes is a premier marine engine service, boat repair and parts facility. They have very knowledgeable staff.

West Marine in Anacortes probably has more mechanical parts than other WM stores but they are still predominately a boating accessories store. I personally avoid WM due to their high prices and uninformed employees.

Has anyone checked to see if West Marine in Anacortes will price match with Fisheries Supply in Seattle? I many times use their Bellevue store and they will price match Fisheries which at times is close to half the price. There rule is that the price matched stores need to be within 50 miles or Amazon direct.

Has anyone checked to see if West Marine in Anacortes will price match with Fisheries Supply in Seattle? I many times use their Bellevue store and they will price match Fisheries which at times is close to half the price. There rule is that the price matched stores need to be within 50 miles or Amazon direct.

Why not buy from Fisheries? Free shipping if order is over $100. One day shipping to Anacortes.

By buying more from Fisheriers, your discount will get better. Fisheries is a store that we need to support so they stay in business.

I avoid West Marine because of high prices and their predatory practices towards small marine stores. They open stores in small towns, putting the local marine stores out of business, then they close their stores when they realize that the market is not big enough for them, leaving towns like Sidney BC without a marine supply store.

And price matching is BS. Why does'nt WM offer the competitive price from the beginning instead of what the market can bear.

And Amazon sells marine supplies. Their prices on some items are equal or lower than my wholesale prices from Fisheries.

Last edited:
Why not buy from Fisheries? Free shipping if order is over $100. One day shipping to Anacortes.

By buying more from Fisheriers, your discount will get better. Fisheries is a store that we need to support so they stay in business.

I avoid West Marine because of high prices and their predatory practices towards small marine stores. They open stores in small towns, putting the local marine stores out of business, then they close their stores when they realize that the market is not big enough for them, leaving towns like Sidney BC without a marine supply store.

And price matching is BS. Why does'nt WM offer the competitive price from the beginning instead of what the market can bear.

And Amazon sells marine supplies. Their prices on some items are equal or lower than my wholesale prices from Fisheries.
:iagree::iagree:

Good post!
I may be the last to find out that Richmond BC West Marine left town and our local Steveston Marine moved into the building space they occupied.

Another vote for Anacortes is a) Skyline Marina if you can get a slip; and, the Anacortes Ace Hardware. Our 48x18 slip is $550/mo and includes parking for two cars. The Ace selection of SS fasteners and other marine use compatible kit is outstanding. Knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Of course Anacortes means another 2+ hours on the road so I get the attraction to South Sound or the Peninsula but if the SJs are your target then 2 hours driving is a lot better and less expensive than cruising from down south and a tad less weather dependent.

We have our boat at North Harbor Diesel in Anacortes on the hard. Since we are in SoCal and only use the boat one to two times a month for long weekends this works out well for us. Cost is reasonable (very reasonable compared to SoCal rates), $250 a month and $150 launch and recovery. Then there is the advantage of not having it in the water all the time. They have a unique custom motorized trailer to launch and retrieve down a ramp, pretty cool setup. There are others up in Anacortes with the same setup. Town is great as well with plenty of supplies and friendly folks.

We can fly direct into Everett from San Diego on Alaska, but at the moment flights are suspended so we have to fly to Seattle and make the hour and a half drive, but at least now there is minimal traffic. Once they start going to Everett again we will can be at the boat in no time from the airport.

Didn’t know about the Everett flights.
We’re in the Skagit Valley .. well up-river.

Where to Moor??

I bought an express cruiser because I knew we would go to San Juan's and I love the lower sound as well. But I can glug fuel at 20 knots. Burning 6.7 GPH
I'm on a wait list for a 32 or 38 foot slip at Swain town so. Open slip father north might be your ticket. I have a trailer so might do land storage in Anacortes for the summer. Way cheaper.

We have our boat at North Harbor Diesel in Anacortes on the hard. Since we are in SoCal and only use the boat one to two times a month for long weekends this works out well for us. Cost is reasonable (very reasonable compared to SoCal rates), $250 a month and $150 launch and recovery. Then there is the advantage of not having it in the water all the time. They have a unique custom motorized trailer to launch and retrieve down a ramp, pretty cool setup. There are others up in Anacortes with the same setup. Town is great as well with plenty of supplies and friendly folks.

We can fly direct into Everett from San Diego on Alaska, but at the moment flights are suspended so we have to fly to Seattle and make the hour and a half drive, but at least now there is minimal traffic. Once they start going to Everett again we will can be at the boat in no time from the airport.

Hmm sounds like you get there as fast as I can drive from Chehalis!

Back
Top Bottom