Need some Croatia Crusing advice....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capn James Brett

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
2004 Grand Alaskan 65
Hey all, wanted to get some feedback/guidance from anyone who has cruised the beautiful Croatian coast. I have bought a beautiful Grand Alaskan 65 that resides in Split and will take 1-2 weeks in May and cruise the coast.

I am looking for amazing anchorages/cute old towns friendly for a night of moorage and just other great "must see" places to see while there.

I will end up in Trieste at end of may to bring boat back over to PNW.

So any/all comments are welcome and thanks in advance. I have been before but not like this and so damn excited about the coast line and the new boat, I feel obsessed, lol.
Thanks again.
James

The only thing I know about cruising Croatia is everyone I know who has done it LOVED it! Sounds like you will have a wonderful time on a great boat. Share pics!

Some of the best cruising grounds in the Med, on the Dalmatian Coast. You will have to pay for a cruising permit which was around 700 Euro a couple of years ago, plus payment for picking up mooring bouys at various anchorages. It certainly isn’t cheap cruising and it is well scrutinised by mooring area “officials”.
It would be worth heading south as far as Dubrovnik and visiting the close by offshore islands before heading north, the island of Hvar and particularly Hvar town is a must see, stunning crystal clear water in any Med waters.
good luck with the cruise, hopefully things will have settled down by then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom