Marina Costs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwboater

For planning purposes, what is your current experience with Marina costs on the East Coast for short term stays?

It really varies tremendously dependent upon where you want to be.
In NY the prices near the city are 3X that of Kingston.
In Florida the costs in Ft. Lauderdale are 2X that of Titusville.

For planning purposes, what is your current experience with Marina costs on the East Coast for short term stays?

Generally they're twice half. That's a joke.

Transient dockage can be over $5 per foot in places like New York city and as little as 50 cents a foot including electric and water. I'm going to the Black River harbor on Lake Superior. The US Forestry service owns the harbor and my boat works out to 50 cents a foot.

I usually anchor out, take the free bulkheads, or do moorings. But I do occasionally do dockage. $2 per foot is near my limit.

There is a growing trend to make marinas sound like resorts. If that's what you want, prepare to pay for it.

To answer your question, I think average transient dockage would be around $2 a foot.

Ted

Generally they're twice half. That's a joke.

Transient dockage can be over $5 per foot in places like New York city and as little as 50 cents a foot including electric and water. I'm going to the Black River harbor on Lake Superior. The US Forestry service owns the harbor and my boat works out to 50 cents a foot.

I usually anchor out, take the free bulkheads, or do moorings. But I do occasionally do dockage. $2 per foot is near my limit.

There is a growing trend to make marinas sound like resorts. If that's what you want, prepare to pay for it.

To answer your question, I think average transient dockage would be around $2 a foot.

Ted

Depending upon where you want to stay they can be much higher than $5 foot.
They can be much lower as well. Really depends on where you want to be.

I think if you’re looking at the whole east coast, $3/ft + $15 elec. per nite would be a safer average.

Annapolis runs about $3 average. Much of the Bay $2- $2.5. Much of New England $3.5+ Nantucket $11+ Newport $5-$7 Provincetown $5.5+ I forget many others off the top of my head but, Florida will be similar to New England and getting pricier the further south you go. Popular places like Charleston or Hilton Head will also be pricier but Carolinas tend to be less expensive. Many marinas offer weekly or monthly discounts.

A good exercise will be to look at Dockwa or similar and find marinas in places you’d be interested in, then check rates. Active Captain can be helpful but, rates aren’t always up to date. Waterway Guide can be helpful too.

Back
Top Bottom