Maiden Voyage in the new boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
For the wife's B-day she decided we were going to head from Everett to Poulsbo and stay the weekend. We have never been to Poulsbo, and we have never been out for a weekend in the new boat besides a few shake down runs. The trip in was nice and easy, around 10mph for the duration. No problems at all through Agate pass. Arrived to empty guest docks. Found our slips and backed in for the first time ever in the new boat. Around Friday afternoon we had a few more guest on the dock, mostly from the Tacoma area, a good group of fun people. Hit town and found one of my new favorite shops of all times, Longship Marine. New and used boat stuff, some on consignment. I finally found my missing swim step ladder, a new (still in the box) solid brass sea strainer to replace the gen set one that leaks. A dingy anchor, and some stainless trim. It was a great find!

Over the weekend the crowds increased, we ate at a few very good places, and had a good time.

We checked the weather app's, the tide apps, and everything else we knew how to check, left at 9am to hit the high tide through Agate and ride the ebb going North. Well it was a bugger of a trip once we cleared the pass by 30 min, rollers all the way back to Everett, even had to zig zag a bit to keep them off the beam, first time for me. I am not sure what happened, all the Weather apps showed a very light wind. Anyhow we averaged about 20mph on the way back to keep the bow up. Only casualty was we lost our new club burgee. A big wave ripped the flimsy plastic clips I had used.

Attachments

• Poulsbo.jpg
    Poulsbo.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Poulsbo3.jpg
    Poulsbo3.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Poulsbo5.jpg
    Poulsbo5.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Poulsbo6.jpg
    Poulsbo6.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Small world, that was us behind you leaving Liberty Bay and past Keystone. Glad to hear you had a successful first weekend outing on your beautiful EH. :thumb:

Small world, that was us behind you leaving Liberty Bay and past Keystone. Glad to hear you had a successful first weekend outing on your beautiful EH. :thumb:

That's a beautiful boat!
Hope I did not hold you up, only the second time going through Agate, so I stick to the dead middle ! ( even if there is plenty of water on the other sides)

Congrats on the first run. We went to Poulsbo for a Trawlerfest years ago. Nice place.

Ron,

Looking at the tides Sunday that was a pretty good ebb as you made your crossing. If I remember winds were northerly. It's easy to overlook but fjords like Puget Sound can behave similar to river bars. When the tide and wind oppose they can stack up.

That's a beautiful boat!
Hope I did not hold you up, only the second time going through Agate, so I stick to the dead middle ! ( even if there is plenty of water on the other sides)

Not at all, we are a slow boat and you left us in the dust once you powered up. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom